Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about a two weeks now my car has locking all by it self. For some starnge reason even when I dont have the key with me, or they are laying on ground or table, the car locks by it self whne someone walks by it. Like today I was alone in my home, I had the key up stairs in the room right above the garage, where my Rav was standing at the time, and when I walked up to it to get something out it locker right in front of me. I took it to dealer and asked them what the problem could have been but they had no clue either. Does anyone had same or similar problem :?: ?? :?: this whole thing is freaking me out. I think my remote is possesed. :evil:

·
Registered
875 Posts
I can think of 3 Reasons:

1. I assume you have the stock alarm, the OEM one that came with the car? It has a cool feature that locks by itself if it's left unlocked for a certain period. This is precaution in case you are walking away and accidentally press the unlock button w/o realizing it.

Though my aftermarket alarm has some cool features, I still miss the stock alarm feature that autolocks.

2: One time I was at a gas station and I swear my car started locking and unlocking by itself. I think someone in the gas station may have had a frequency similar to mine. He was controling my car! I couldn't verify it and I don't think I'm that crazy, so maybe that really is what happened.

3. Derek's usually on the dot. Your car is possessed.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx a lot guys for your replies. I've asked the mechanics at the dealership today when I was working and they had no clue what could have been the reason. So I am forced to go with the most resonable explanation My Car And Remote Are Both Possessed

·
Registered
87 Posts
No need to sacrifice any goats or chickens just yet... I'd bet that someone nearby, or some RF-based remote you already own, is on the same frequency.

My Bose system remote was on the same freq as a neighbor's.

We'd both be changing FM channels and worse, the volume...

I resolved it by sacrificing the neighbor to the Bose remote gods.

M

·
0 Posts
my hubby hates my rav (too girly for him plus I bught it by myself without his knowledge) and his remote locked him out. i told him it was because he hates me car and it knows that. personally I love my little car. used to have a yukon XL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts