Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and thank you for the opportunity to share my thoughts and problems with you!

My name is Veselin and I live in Montenegro, Europe. I am considering buying used SUV and I came across 2006 2.2 D4D Toyota RAV4 4x4. It is 100kW engine with 109,000km (62,000miles) on it, full service history from authorised Toyota dealer. It has been offered from Ford dealer where it was exchanged for new vehicle. They told me that if I decide to purchase it, the vehicle will be in perfect visual and mechanical state (i.e. they will fix everything on bodywork and mechanics that might be wrong).

I tested the car and was pleasantly surprised with responsiveness on the short run. My issues with this vehicle where I look for your help are the following:
1. I will be mostly using the car for twisty mountain roads cca. 500 km a week. During winter there could be snow or ice on the snow, during summer there could be rocks. Also, once or twice a year I will be taking car for a long journey with my family (trips to other countries like Italy, Greece, etc). I wonder if the car will be comfortable for long journeys for family of four, but also if I can make sporty ride alone through curvy mountain roads? Durability of car?
2. I do not like a bit outdated interior of the car. Is there decent aftermarket CD player replacements? I saw some Chinese android/WinCE devices. Are they any good? Is there better quality/durability replacement?
3. My country is mountainous (that is why it is called MONTEnegro at first place) so I wonder about fuel consumption for this engine constantly going up/down hill. Anybody have experience with it?

Also, if you can throw in any other advices, it would be great.

Cheers,
Veselin

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Welcome! You are searching for a diesel RAV. This forum is primarily North America - based and Toyota doesn't sell diesel RAVs here. There are some members in Europe, the U.K. where diesel RAVs are sold and they may be able to help. Otherwise you might wish to find a RAV4 forum which is based in the U.K or otherwise in Europe.

Here (hopefully!) is a link to one of them: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/79-rav-4-club/

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,718 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts