Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Rav8 right hand drive. Who can tell me
1)what is the dark button for that is located on top of the dashboard on the driver side, just behind the front window.
2) on the passenger side are 2 black clips attached to the side(next to where you put your feeth), where are these for?

K

·
0 Posts
The little cips are for nothing, but mounting brakets for something else.

As with the clips on the bottom of the feet. I think you better ask those people what has the accessories that came with it. With my experience with all the RAV4's I have never come across any use of that clip. It still wilders me. Probably it's for a small fire extinguisher in Japan.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks more like a sensor to me, the cover that is on there is from thick black plastic.
I don't know about the alarm but alarm activation lights are usually just a led.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
took the dashboard apart and took the sensor out to take some pictures, the sensor has the folowing numbers on it, 8A and 0950 maybe somebody knows where the sensor is for. The sensor is connected with a red/white wire and a black/green, both of the wires have gray spots on them.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The sensor is the reciever of the automatic door locking, too bad they didn't give me a remote with it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The sensor is for the key less entry, too bad they didn't give me a remote with it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts