Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the last speaker to upgrade and then, I am perplexed! The front right hand speaker has two cables, one is green while the other is blue, whic hwould be the posiive and which one is the negative? I went through the diagrams (I already installed the headunit) and these two colors do not show up any where ??? I know they are the speaer wires because I pulled them out of the factory speaker, help!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wire Color Function / Connection
Yellow = 12 Volt Battery / Constant (12V+)
Red = 12 Volt Ignition / Switched (12V+)
Blue = Power Antenna
Blue/White = Remote Turn on (12V+)
Orange = Illumination / Dimmer
Black = Chassis Ground (12V-)
White = Left Front Positive (LF+)
White/Black = Left Front Negative (LF-)
Gray = Right Front Positive (RF+)
Gray/Black = Right Front Negative (RF-)
Green = Left Rear Positive (LR+)
Green/Black = Left Rear Negative (LR-)
Violet = Right Rear Positive (RR+)
Violet/Black = Right Rear Negative (RR-)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is what is written on the wire harness box and is what I used to connect to the HU. However, the wires attached to the factory speaker adaptor are blue and green, believe it or not. I will do more trials tonight, I just hope I did not screw up with the wiring from the HU end, which may mean I have to access the main wiring, always a pain in the A$$. By the way, I installed the Kenwood KDV6433, a very nice unit which SHOULD allow me to play tracks which had been burnt on a DVD disk, if only I know how to copy the darn things on my new laptop :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried both wires interchangably, it appeared that there was no difference in sound quality, so I just winged it. The quality of the sound coming coming out of that particular speaker is certainly not as clear as the quality of the left speaker after I put everything together.

I never knew there was ameter to test these things :)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Here are the color codes for the stereo system (From the haynes manual - "typical" radio system) - please keep in mind that this is straight from the Haynes manual, and as you can see from the constant power and switched power, I dont think they are even sure about which colors are what!!!!

Constant power = GRey (White) - 7.5A fuse (ACC)
Switched power = bLue with Yellow stripe (Light Green) - 15A Fuse (RADIO)
Ground = BRown
FL + = Pink
FL - = Violet
FR + = Light Green
FR - = bLue
RL + = Black
RL - = Yellow
RR + = Red
RR - = White

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot, I believe this is what I went with in the end. Certainly agrees with the wire colors that were attached to the factory speaker. Where can I get a copy of the manual? Do they sell a PDF version? Probably not due to piracy laws :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Somehow when i got to the speaker's locations, all speakers are of the same color, white and grey. Does anyone here know if there is a hub or something that the speakers got wired up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone. I am looking forward to install a Sub in my non-JBL 6 speaker system on my 2019. I want to intercept and tap the RR and RL speakers cables. Maybe the cables run under the plastic floor door trim and I don't have to remove door panels. But even then I wont know which are the correct cables.

Does anyone remember or know or have a diagram with the speaker wire colors?
Does the color code from Haynes listed here matches the 2019 model?
Any suggestions on where is the easiest place to intercept RR and RL speaker cables?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts