Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time I've every bought a NEW car. So I am very new to this process.

I understand that Toyota must make a decision on what each car has from the factory. From a system shown to me at the toyota dealership, I was able to see what toyota allocates to my region. Major options are factory ONLY installed. From what i saw they include: Side airbags, sunroof, JBL premium sound, leather seats, heated seats, Day time running lights, and tow package. And things like the alarm, night-vision mirror, etc are port installed.

The most important options i want in my rav4 is a 4x2 V6, side airbags, RS 3200, Tint, and JBL Sound package, and audio controls in the steering wheel. Still haven't decided on Limited or Sport. The main difference between those are Dual Climate Zones, Power Seats, and wheels... ??? what else?

Can someone clear this part up for me. If those configurations that were shown to me are the ONLY way the rav4 comes. What happens if I don't like any of those configurations?

Most preconfigs that offer the JBL Sound, also include leather heated seats and a sunroof. Those three options will cost me $2340 extra!!!!
To keep the price of the car down as much as possible. I really don't want those options, but what am i to do?

I gave them a $500 deposit so they'll place my custom order, but if If I don't order a car from one their configs... It could be a very long time before I get Matched! He told me that my Order is put in their system, And now we just wait until my options show up configured from the factory. I had an epiphany though, I don't think I'll every see this car because toyota just doesn't configure them the way i want it.

Then I thought, how is everyone else here on this forum doing with their orders. Is everyone else being picky and ordering exactly the options they want? Or are they being shown the pre-configs and picking from it. There must be someone else out there that wants Dual Zone climate control (limited feature), Side airbags but doesn't want leather heated seats!!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm kind of in the same boat. I want the limited with basically just airbags, JBL, drl, tow package and alarm, definitely without leather seats. I think it is just not available in Southern CA, seems you either get cloth seats with third row, or leather without third row. Also, you can't get a sport or limited without a moonroof and I am one of the few people in the world that would rather not have one apparently. Had them before and never really used them, so I just feel like it's a waste of $750 for me personally, and I'd rather put the money somewhere else on the car or back into my pocket.

I gave my car broker a specific order with just the items I wanted and he is supposed to get back to me tomorrow. What I want is definitely not a standard package, so we'll see what happens. I'll post tomorrow when I find out what's going to happen.

I ended up ordering the following:
V6 4X2 Limited
Pacific Blue
Taupe Interior
Side/Curtain Airbags
JBL Stereo
DRLs
Tow Package
RS3200 alarm

That's pretty much it, MSRP should be around 26K-27K (can't remember) according to KBB. I'll be pleased if I can get $1000 off that, but more would be nice too. :D

As for differences between Sport and Limited besides what you listed.... (a partial list from the Toyota online brochure which seems to have a need for some serious editing)

Sport has charcoal interior, stiffer (sport tuned) suspension, fender flares; no steering audio controls unless you get JBL upgrade, sport masked headlights (no idea what that is, I didn't notice anything about them when I looked at the sport, but I didn't see a non sport side by side). I think that's about it. Oh, it's also the only grade you can get the Flint Mica color in (which I would have taken if they had it in the limited).

Limited has steering wheel audio regardless of whether or not you get JBL, interior foot well lights, chrome grill instead of black, locking hardshell cover for tire, upgraded cloth interior (or leather of course), leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter, engine immobilizer and alarm prewire, 6 disc changer stereo upgrade is standard, tonneau cover standard (thought this was in Sport too, but brochure seems to indicate otherwise), and it's the only one that can come in Pearl White if you are so inclined.

There seems to be some difference in color keying of some parts like mirrors and such, but the charts in the brochure are too painful to interpret at this hour. For instance, it appears that only the limited has color keyed mirrors, but I would ask someone that actually owns a sport about whether or not that is true.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
The base is the only one that does NOT have color keyed mirrors..

yea guys it looks like you sometimes have to comprimise when it comes to Import car ordering. With american bult cars yu can order it exactly the way you want no matter how odd and you will have it in 4 weeks. With imports you have to find one in a dealer that is close enought to what you want sometimes. BUT we were lucky. Our dealer found the exact one we were looking for and it was local:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
lkwan said:
This is the first time I've every bought a NEW car. So I am very new to this process.

I understand that Toyota must make a decision on what each car has from the factory. From a system shown to me at the toyota dealership, I was able to see what toyota allocates to my region. Major options are factory ONLY installed. From what i saw they include: Side airbags, sunroof, JBL premium sound, leather seats, heated seats, Day time running lights, and tow package. And things like the alarm, night-vision mirror, etc are port installed.

The most important options i want in my RAV4 is a 4x2 V6, side airbags, RS 3200, Tint, and JBL Sound package, and audio controls in the steering wheel. Still haven't decided on Limited or Sport. The main difference between those are Dual Climate Zones, Power Seats, and wheels... ??? what else?

Can someone clear this part up for me. If those configurations that were shown to me are the ONLY way the RAV4 comes. What happens if I don't like any of those configurations?

Most preconfigs that offer the JBL Sound, also include leather heated seats and a sunroof. Those three options will cost me $2340 extra!!!!
To keep the price of the car down as much as possible. I really don't want those options, but what am i to do?

I gave them a $500 deposit so they'll place my custom order, but if If I don't order a car from one their configs... It could be a very long time before I get Matched! He told me that my Order is put in their system, And now we just wait until my options show up configured from the factory. I had an epiphany though, I don't think I'll every see this car because toyota just doesn't configure them the way i want it.

Then I thought, how is everyone else here on this forum doing with their orders. Is everyone else being picky and ordering exactly the options they want? Or are they being shown the pre-configs and picking from it. There must be someone else out there that wants Dual Zone climate control (limited feature), Side airbags but doesn't want leather heated seats!!!!
:) This is just about how I ordered my V6 Limited and I'm in Sarasota, FL My order date was 12/28/05 the salesman didn't say anything about a locate. However, I am a little concerned. He continues to state my car has been ordered exactly the way I want it. He promises 10-20 March on the ground. It is a little agravating, my car should be here with the first V6's shipped. I really wish I new the rules of their game. :p Maybe yours and mine will be on the same boat. Now there's a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts