Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello Rav4's owners!

Has anyone here tried or know If my 2005 Rav4 USDM 2.4l can fit a wheel/tire size of 235, 75 / R15? my stock came with 235, 55 / R18. but apparently that's the Largest Size it can take according to Specs. Smallest is 215, 70 / R16. I'm afraid that this might actually rub. I went to a few wheel/tire specialize shops near the city, they're asking for $200-$300 for assessment and fitment sample. what the fudge? I'm already willing to put down at least $1000 - $1500. Is it that hard to do this? to be asked for that much money?

PS: by the way I'm also planning on getting a negative offset rims, not to excessive but want the wheels to pop out at least an Inch. Tire would be BF Goodrich t/A Ko2

Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
10,193 Posts
Welcome Kusajishi!

I changed your title slightly and deleted your duplicate post. This way you'll get all your responses in one place, and likely more of them.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You can't put 15'' wheels. The rear shocks lower mounting brackets won't clear.

For the offset; I have 225/75/16 on the oem aluminum wheels (+45mm). I installed 1.25'' wheel spacers. In the front it's almost the limit before the tire hit the front bumper cover while turning. In the rear, the tires were rubbing the fender flares on a bump with the stock suspension. Now with 40mm lift kit, it's ok... no rubbing. Will try 1.50'' wheel spacers at rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts