Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just copying and pasting my reply to another post. I'm putting it here as it's own post so maybe more people will have a chance to see it. The power wire is 1/0 gauge.

I had to take the pics and then resize them. Sorry for so many...but different angles work better for different people, so I'm posting all the angles I took. The location of the wire in the firewall is on the drivers side just behind the shock mout pillar where the clutch would normally go, so this is only good for those of us with automatics. This is a great location because this spot was meant to have a hole in it. If it's not obvious, you have to drill the hole from INSIDE the vehicle. For all of you with a manual, I'll look for a good spot for you as well. If you care to know, I routed the power wire from the battery to the drivers side by drilling 2 SMALL holes through strut tower brace, one hole on each end...and then ziptied the power line up underneath the strut tower brace with sipties tied throught the small holes I just drilled. The holes are TINY...so it should not compromise the integrity of the strut tower brace. If you need more pics...let me know. If you need bigger pics, let me know. It was kind of hard getting the pics in the engine bay because of the location. Larger pics look much better, but I didn't want to be posting huge pictures. Here...hope this helps...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
man you should of posted this earlier... i was charged $60 by local stereo store.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ultima16888 said:
man you should of posted this earlier... i was charged $60 by local stereo store.
Sorry man. I’m used to forums with mega amounts of users where any and every question has already been answered 100 times. The rav4 community is obviously a small community. So, I’m just trying to contribute so others behind me will have an answer.

By the way, if you had your shop do it, why didn’t YOU post up after it was done so we would all have a guide to go by?????

·
Registered
12 Posts
there is also a good spot right under the battery. A whole bunch of wires go through there but you can poke a hole through and seal it with silicone. that way you won't have to use so much power cable to get to the battery.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
me too

thats what i did i ran the cable under the battery box I will take a picture of it by the way Traded My MR2 nice set up you should do a DIY documents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts