Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 rav4 5 speed 2 wheel drive. If I take off easy, the engine is mostly smooth but when accelerating hard, the engine continually jumps until I let off the gas, then it smooths out. Do I have a bad sensor, and if so, which one? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have an 03 2.0ltr 3dr started to hesitate on acceleration slowly got worse to the point of cut out an wouldn't start got dragged home by RAC at home it started rac man said no codes present must be the ecu so sent that off £95 later came back no faults found thanks for the cash 🤬 so I got to work I changed the filter on the in tank pump didnt work then days later realised the fuel had a tinge to it so drained the tank of the piss coloured fuel , contaminated of course because petrol is gin clear , stuck some clean in same problem so with contamination in mind went straight to the injectors I suspect water in the fuel built up over a few months an started the process of rot in the injectors it corrodes the pins inside causing them to fail so for £35 for a set of 4 new from China chucked them in fire up fine got to temperature with no splutter took it round the block a few times an booted it problem solved and it even seems to be quicker . Wife refuses to drive it an got another car saying it cut out its dangerous you have it .hope this helps some one with the same problem 😉

1 - 4 of 4 Posts