Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my first long drive on a dark hiway at night yesterday. I found that there was very little difference in the distance the headlights cast in hi beam. The biggest difference was it lit up the sides of the road better and I could see the tree lines on either side brighten up but not much, if any, further down the road. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
to me it doesn't seem to throw out farther, but it is brighter ahead of me and to the sides. where I live I'd much rather see out to the sides to watch for any deer or other wildlife coming off the side of the country roads I drive on than something 500' ahead of me.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
to me it doesn't seem to throw out farther, but it is brighter ahead of me and to the sides. where I live I'd much rather see out to the sides to watch for any deer or other wildlife coming off the side of the country roads I drive on than something 500' ahead of me.
I agree, having the extra light to the sides is great watching for deer. I was just surprised at how little it threw light down the road. The further ahead I can see a deer the more time to react. Of course street signs are much more illuminated with the hi's on, I'd imagine a deer's eyes would light up further down as well.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Anyone put a LED bar behind the grille? I saved my 20" Rigid Industries SR2 from my previous vehicle and look forward to mount it.

(pic for reference)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts