Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone from PortharcourT NGA, have just fully registered, I own a 2007 RAV 4wd Base, bought from Maryland since 2013. Very happy to be a member.
Thanks.

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
731 Posts
As a resident SA I welcome you. Do you want my bank account number?

:)

Joking, fellow RAVver

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts
Welcome again, BERMU! We have seen a lot of used RAV4's make their way from the US to Africa. I think the people there want a good, dependable 4WD vehicle at a good price. But just remember, the 4.3 RAV4 is not a true off-road vehicle like a Land Rover or Land Cruiser. It's more of a light-duty or occasional off roader.

Also, you should research your RAV's history. Go to Toyota Owners Official Web Site
and register your Vehicle Identification Number. You will be able to look at the service history from the first day it was sold. Any service work or repairs at a Toyota dealer will be listed there. Also, you might want to see about getting the Carfax report. It will show any accidents and title problems. Sometimes a vehicle that has been in a bad accident is called a "total loss" by the insurance company because it is too damaged to repair. Some shops buy up these "salvage" vehicles, do some quick, cheap repairs, and then sell them overseas. Most of these vehicles do not meet US safety standards and are downright dangerous to drive. And not to mention the flood damaged vehicles that have hidden rust and electrical problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the CARFAX and it looked ok

1 - 6 of 6 Posts