Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 2012 RAV4 Limited. My Camry was totaled the day before Thanksgiving, and I had to wait for the insurance company to finish their investigation. I finally got the RAV4, after much research through Consumer Reports' old issues, etc. When I went to the dealer, I tested this car somewhat (it was almost nighttime) and looked over the Camrys on the lot. I really wanted to get another one, but I didn't like what they had there; the RAV4 looked almost new, so I decided to go for it.

It rides nicely, though I'm running into some problems with it and need to read more of the book again. It doesn't help that I am short!:wink Getting in & out is a challenge. I'm looking forward to getting advice from others on this site.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Welcome! Hopefully you will enjoy your 2012 RAV. Presumably by "the book" you mean the owner's manual. It can be confusing regarding organization and some topics. If you can't find an answer or answers, ask away! That's one important reason for this forum being here.:smile

·
Super Moderator
11,138 Posts
Welcome. What problems are you running into? The "book" may or may not solve them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Welcomes!

Yes, I did mean the Owner's Manual, when I said "the book".:smile There are things I need to figure out...such as how to change the door locks, so they won't all open at once, as well as how to make it so they will lock, when I start the car.

One thing that is a big problem is that the visors don't come down far enough, so the sun (especially late in the day) is right in my eyes. I tried getting one of those extensions, but the visor is too thick for the clips, which would cover the mirrors, if they would even go on. Has anyone found a solution to that? I know the manual will not cover that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts