Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm hoping this is the place I need to be. I'm not new to the car world, I've owned, fixed, and personalized all of my cars for years now. But I've never had a BRAND NEW car, and now I do: 2017 Rav4.

I like to call myself a power-user. I've always had cars where I needed to actively drive and interact with my vehicle. But now, well...

It's boring. This car has no soul, makes no noise, the speakers are awful, and it basically drives itself. The one "advanced feature" (I guess), the clutchless-sort-of-manual-kind-of-shift is disappointing as I shift by engine sound, of which this vehicle makes none. Even the big clunky screen is useless as mine doesn't have nav. It's not even that I regret the model, because I'm sure any 2017 vehicle would make me feel the same way.

I'm hoping that this forum will give me some ideas on how to bond with my Space Car. Because it's a grocery-getter. And that makes me sad.

Thanks for listening to me whine. I promise I won't be a complainer the whole time!

·
Super Moderator
10,130 Posts
Agreed, it's really sad the direction utility vehicles are going these days. Boring. And in a few more years we won't even have to actually drive. Just sit there with a hand on the wheel to make it think we're paying attention only to be startled awake by some steering or braking it does to save us from ourselves.
At this point I'll be trying to keep my '06s as long as possible. They may be automatics instead of stick shifts but at least they really respond to the pedal on the right.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Maybe swap the '17 RAV for a 4.3 V6 model - generally fewer electronic gizmos but is more of a blast to drive . . .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm committed to this brand new car, the bank says so. Being that one of us drives for a living, we needed something brand new. I'm just having a hard time bonding with a vehicle​ that does nothing to impress me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts