Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered a few days ago. I guess I need to introduce myself. I'm Russell, and I currently live in Louisiana. I bought a 06 RAV4 Base on April 1, 2006. Its 4wd with the 2.4 inline. My wife wanted a new vehicle and i was determined - no cars! So I suggested a RAV since knew they were all new that year (although I loved the 1st and 2nd gen (I'd love a manual 4x4 of either)). We test drove one and she loved it. Its a great vehicle.

We needed 4x4 because were living in Anchorage at the time. As a growing military family it has taken care of us in AK, NE, MT, and now LA. It started as my wifes vehicle and our primary family vehicle. But now it is "my truck" and it's more of a secondary auto (although I drive it daily). I use it as a truck, too. I'm a hunter and I've taken it on forest service roads and even off-road (a bit). It's carried several deer from field to butcher. I almost regretted the purchase at first but I love the RAV now, lol. We've put 125k on it so far.

The only issue it has is the throttle lag/bogging issue that I've seen many others have experienced. It started a couple years ago. It seems worse on hot days. I recently cleaned the MAF sender and put new spark plugs in it. It is running much better but the problem still remains, although less frequent. Anybody found a legit fix for the issue?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts