Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 RAV4 le upgraded package in April of this year. I loved it at first but now I dispise it and it's all because of mayfield Toyota in Edmonton,Toyota Canada and the low grade materials the SUV is made of.
Anyways, to make a long story short, my steering wheel and door handle are showing wear...they look around 10-15 years old! The vehicle is only 7 months old with 4000 Kim's! Mayfield gave me a hard time
Because they had to send Pictures of the wheel to Toyota Canada. And to boot,toyato Canada is blaming me for this wear claiming I am using lotion or hand cream on my hands. I don't even use
Anything on my hands. They are only offering me $388.00 towards a new steering wheel which cost around 900.00.
And I see that others on this forum have had the same problem.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Seems to me replacing the Toyota one with another stock one isn't going to solve the problem.
I've never bought a replacement for any of my vehicles but someone must make an aftermarket steering wheel for a 4.4 RAV4, probably for a lot less than $900.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Defect

Dear Dr. Dyno

I should not have pay out of my own pocket for something was is under warranty.
As I said I do not use hand cream or lotion therefore it is a manufacturer
Defect in the material. Others have this problem.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Agreed it should be free. But even if it is do you expect a new one free every 7 months or 4,000 Km?
If they'd give you the $388 toward an aftermarket wheel that might be a permanent solution.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a slap in my face! As far as your comment regarding a new wheel every 7 months or 4000 Km, as long they are using inferior products, yes I want it replaced. And for your info, this wearing started the first month
I got the vehicle and the seats were catching lint which is showing wear. I had to buy covering for the seats.
I bought an original crv and I want it to remain original as for your second comment.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Sorry, I had no intention to disparage you. It's obviously Toyota's problem. Just offering a suggestion to solve it w/o you having to fight them over and over since the OEM wheel apparently isn't acceptable and likely never will be.

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Hopefully if the steering wheel is replaced with a Toyota OEM wheel the replacement will be improved for wear resistance.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
Yeah, one can only hope they'll fix on the 4.4s what has never to my knowledge been mentioned on the earlier models. Must be a real cheapening. I haven't bought a new vehicle since 1982 so I expect some signs of wear on the wheel.
If this is happening in a few thousand miles it sure seems like there'd be nothing left of a 4.4 wheel with the 74,000 miles on it my 2006 had when I bought it in 2009.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dear dr Dyno

Yes, it is a real cheapening.
Before this RAV4, I had a Honda Accord, 2001, have it for 15 years, with no problem whatsoever.
The steering wheel still looked brand new. And I am definitely sure the Hondas 2015 crv's
Are made of superior materials. Should have bought a Honda.
So,I assume, I get what I paid for, right dr Dyno.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Dear dr Dyno

Yes, it is a real cheapening.
Before this RAV4, I had a Honda Accord, 2001, have it for 15 years, with no problem whatsoever.
The steering wheel still looked brand new. And I am definitely sure the Hondas 2015 crv's
Are made of superior materials. Should have bought a Honda.
So,I assume, I get what I paid for, right dr Dyno.
Let me see steering wheel wear or -

Owners of best-selling 2015 Honda CR-V complain of vibration problems | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WJLA

I put this on a steering wheel so ink would not get on the it from work... it even looks cool-

http://www.amazon.com/Superior-58-0550B-Sport-Steering-Wheel/dp/B00029KA7C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450726379&sr=8-2&keywords=steering+wheel+leather+wrap&refinements=p_72:2661618011

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honda would fix the problem and pay for it and not BLAME IT ON THE OWNER LIKE TOYOTA DOES
DOES AND CHARGING THE OWNER TOO,

Have a good evening everyone.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Is it possible to post some pictures of your issue? Hard to make any recommendations without knowing more about the damage or flaw you are facing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts