Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,these days i'm planning to do a hid kit upgrade on my 2009 rav4.In my country it's not forbidden to have hid kit without projectors so that's fine.I think blinding other drivers won't be a problem too because i have a car workshop near by to adjust my headlights all the way down.I know it's better to buy AC kit than DC but i'm not sure if i need an 9006/HB4 kit or some other kit? Thanks a lot fellas!

EDIT:The reason i'm asking is that online it says that i have 9006 halogen bulbs but when i take my low beams off it says H11:

Here's my headlight,2009 model,low beam near the corner bulb:

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
#1 reflector housings will produce dangerous headlight glare no matter how low you aim them...
#2 you don't have reflector housings, those are projectors that you have in that pic...
#3 yes you need h11 HID bulbs since that is what your projectors have in them now...
USA models and maybe a few other countries have the reflector headlights while most countries like yours got the projectors...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay then,thanks a lot! So no reason to avoid hid install? Has anyone already got them installed? I'm curious about ballast mounting spots.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I would stick with 35w ballast since I don't know how much heat they can take...I have my ballast mounted to the lids of the 2 under hood fuse boxes...they stay nice and cool that way...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You rav4system sorry for bothering,will update my thread when i get my headlights done

·
Registered
156 Posts
If your headlight fuses are rated for 10 amps, you should consider installing a relay harness. HID ballasts regularly pull well over 10 amps during power-up, which may eventually blow your fuses.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh,thanks a lot.How can i check amp rate for my headlights?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Oh,thanks a lot.How can i check amp rate for my headlights?

In the North American market, the headlight fuses are located in the passenger side fuse box under the hood. Each low beam and high beam halogen gets its own fuse.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay guys,thanks! Hid kit is ready,tommorow i'm gonna search for the relay kit and post finished product here!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
If anyone is unhappy with their hid light pattern try these ones that have a cap on it. The light pattern is much more even with this cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

It's done guys you can't really see it well because it's raining at the moment but it looks way better and visibility is improved a lot!

·
Registered
263 Posts
just to verify it does look like you have projectors... I wish we had them too in the States

Reactions: Steka

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot for your reply! What a shame,it seems like retrofitting is your only option :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts