Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this here because this is a situation unique to the new Rav4 hybrids. Unfortunately a lot of the kits being offered online are not compatible with our hybrids. Since the battery is in the back, using a relay kit is not possible. What ever I buy needs to use the factory wiring harness. Our bulb size is 9012, seems difficult to find any HID kit in that size. I'm looking for a good HID kit, either 4300K or 5000K.

I first tried the 6000K G7 LED kit from BPS Lighting. While it did fit and function correctly, it was at most just as bright as the stock bulbs and it was noticeably blue. I needed something brighter with just a pure white color.

Then I tried a 5000K HID kit from Innovited. Despite ordering a 9012 size, what I received did not fit into my headlight housing. Will be returning that soon.

Has anyone here with a 2016 Hybrid found a good kit that works and provides a bright pure white light?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll give them a try. I just need to return the defective HIDs I have now, the seller seems convinced that 9005 bulbs will fit my rav4 and wants me to try those. :confused:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why not just get the LEDs from the Limited? Retrofit kits are generally awful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If i could find somewhere to buy them i would. I cant even find the part number for them. Any one have any leads on where to buy?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another vote for theretrofitsource. They have have quality HID kits. Try also diodedynamics as they offer HID conversion kits as well as LEDs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
sorry, i don't have any recommendations on HID,
but i have a question regarding HID in the XLE...

as my understanding, there is only 1 projector for both low beam and high beam.
i think it use 9012 bulb and it seems like there is only 1 filament inside the bulb...
just wondering how that work,

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts