Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more thing....

Per the website, Lifetime warranty on bulbs, wiring, ignitors and ballasts.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: One more thing....

purduealum91 said:
Per the website, Lifetime warranty on bulbs, wiring, ignitors and ballasts.
I was actually already planning on doing this, however with a McCulloch kit. However if they are offering the Prolumen with a lifetime warranty on all parts, that can definately sway me to spend a little more on the Prolumen kit.

I looked all over the site and do not see the warranty stated anywhere. Where exactly did you see this on their site?

Also, do you recommend a wiring harness? I suppose it is safe insurance. :?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jynx,

Email them. Devin, who works for this web site, stated on the SAAB forum that those components, even the bulbs are lifetime. I would get the wiring harness.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Ok... I know quite a lot about HID and let me share my knowledge.

First, do NOT get those McCulloch kits. Everyone I've talked with from other forums have nothing but bad experiences with them. Sure they are cheap but so are their rebased bulb and balast. Max of around 2 years.

Second, if you want to get a kit, know that it's HIGHLY illegal as it glares other drivers. I used to run K2 kits on my Integra and have been pulled over a few times because they are so bright. Even on my 2004 Accord it has happened. Then I switched to Retrofitting.

Third, if you get a kit, make absolutely sure you are using OEM balast not some generic home made ones. Trust me it makes a difference (McCulloch is a very good example).

Fourth, make sure you use a wire harness to draw the power from the battery and not the existing wires. Many people have experienced shorter life on their bulbs and balast and though not exactly proven, the theory of why a constant battery pull is better is sound.

Fifth, retrofit. When I get my 07 Rav4 V6 (I dread buying first year models) I plan on retrofitting S2000 HID in much like what I did with the Accord. The beam is sharp and it doesn't glare and best of all, the cops won't do anything about it.

Here's a few pics.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Thanks... and that is what's going on the Rav4 as soon as I pick one up end of this year.

I want to retrofit in the fog light area too. I wonder how reliable are the yellow HID bulbs (expensive as hell) are and I hope the TSX ones will fit (much cheaper than the S2000)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I wonder if there is a way to buy the european version of the 06 RAV4 headlights, which has the projection lenses. It would be much better suited for HIDs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts