Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really surprised to see new 06 Rav4 with HID projectors and headlight washer system, but only 2 L engine in East Europe? I asked several local dealers about the Rav and been told that Toyota offers only the two models with leather or not, but all of them with only 2 L by US$34800 and 37000 each.
I walked to part dept and asked guy about price for those lights and washer and been told that the HID headlights cost only US$380 each and washer system would go with everything for about US$1000 or more less which is not really bad.
Im wondering if anyone in the states could say if Toyota offers such options. :idea:

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Toyota doesn't offer it and probably won't.

1) The EURO Rav4 is smaller than the US Rav4 and probably diesel.
2) HID's are expensive. To get HID's into cars will add another $1000. Don't forget Toyota is trying to compete with other makers and with it already being more expensive than the CRV, adding another $1000 to the 4 banger version is like overengineering a bridge. People for the most part won't pay for it. The V6 I would understand but don't forget there is Lexus which is suppose to be their premium brand. The HID systems in EURO has different specs and won't work in the US. So they will have to basically buy TWO different systems for little demand. For $1000 you minus well retrofit HIDs.

S

·
0 Posts
In Europe and certain others markets Toyota do offer Projector Style headlamps, These are not HID lights, Certain countires like in Scandinavian Countries (Norway, Finland, Sweden) Toyota do offer headlamp washers but not HID's.

The only place officially where HID lights are an option for the RAV4 is in Japan.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just drove thru several eastern european contries: Estonia, Latvia, Russia, Poland etc. Everywhere I was I visited local Toyota dealership and everywhere I took some catalogues about 06 rav4 and had test drive for new 06 (3 doors and 5 doors mods). All vehicles were with 2 L. engine, washer systems and top mods have pjecetro HID twin headlights with electronic corrector, that I love so much. Difference was only in manual or auto trans, leather, audio system and HID. Also all of them have lock differencial buttom which we do not have in here (North America). And I think that Toyota does big mistake do not provide these options down here. :twisted: But other side these countries do not have any V6 at all. Thats what I know.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Locking diff is kind of pointless since 99% of the owners have problems even driving on concrete. The only time you really need the locking diff is for offroad or extreme high powder snow. Not much of that going on here.

B

·
0 Posts
Re: HID projectors & headlight washer in Europe (standar

ser02rav4 said:
I walked to part dept and asked guy about price for those lights and washer and been told that the HID headlights cost only US$380 each and washer system would go with everything for about US$1000 or more less which is not really bad.
Im wondering if anyone in the states could say if Toyota offers such options. :idea:
Wonder if those HID assemblies would be plug and play for the north american cars. If they're E-code headlights they're fine for use in canada, and actually preferable to the DOT crap.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Ok... if those are not HID's and are projector lenses BUT use a H7 bulb, there is a $5 mod you can do that allows you to put D2S bulbs in there (you must have the ballast as well) and it true projector style HID's (with cutoff and everything). People with Audi's that has those H7 projectors do that. So... the question now is:

1) Do those projector lights fit?
2) Are they H7?

If not, you are better off spending $1000 or so and retrofit them in. I have a really good retrofitter that did my Accord.

B

·
0 Posts
ser02rav4 said:
But other side these countries do not have any V6 at all.
If gas here cost what it does in Europe (~7$ a gallon (US)), I don't think we'd have a V6 option either.

There's a reason why I4's and diesels are so popular over there.

Back home in Scotland, my dad's 7 series beemer currently cost about 70 British Pounds to fill - thats about $120 US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts