Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Just wanted to share this.. When i was buying my 2017 XLE, i was offered remote starter installed for "just" 380 dollars, which i declined. Couple of weeks later as i was walking away from the car, i guess i pushed the lock button too many times... and.. my car started. Sequence is simple, push lock button 3 times, it beeps and flashes lights 3 times, then after 2 sec break, flashes and beeps again... and engine starts. I called the dealer and he double checked invoice and options, remote starter is nowhere listed. You never know :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
It is possible today when the "install" is just activate an option you paid for.
I know OEM option does not have a good range. You have to be near your car to start it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, range is bad.. maybe 50-70 yards without obstacles. I checked all possible documentation, no mention :D. But that`s fine! I wouldn`t be fine, if i would pay 400 dollars for something i already have haha

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It was probably installed already for another customer that fell through or it just came with it for demo purposes. Then of course they figure they might as well try get the money out of you for it. I had a few accessories on my first rav that were installed just for "show" I'm told.

Either way, I'm trying it on my 2016 after work just in case. I can almost hear all the people with newer rav's running out to their cars to try it. lol

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear you, i absolutely don`t expect all of them to have it, but if someone does have it, it would be a pleasant surprise for the owners :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Gonna try on our newly purchased 2015 XLE. Man wouldn't that be the stuff if it starts...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh my gosh!! It worked for me!! I feel like it’s Christmas!! I did use the sequence from the Toyota website tho. Press the lock button, press lock again within one second, press lock button again and hold three seconds and mine started!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh my gosh!! It worked for me!! I feel like it’s Christmas!! I did use the sequence from the Toyota website tho. Press the lock button, press lock again within one second, press lock button again and hold three seconds and mine started!
Seriously, or pulling our leg? If true, year and model? Pushbutton start, I assume?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts