Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 Rav4 lost both high beams. I am 99% that it's not the bulbs. I believe it's a fuse problem. Can someone shed some light on the location of the correct panel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I should clarify a little bit more. When you flip the dimmer switch, nothing happens. The low beams stay on and not even the high beam indicator light comes on.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
What do you mean by "dimmer switch"...I ask because there is a wheel to the left of the steering wheel used to dim the dash lights...
Also do your daytime running lights work?...
Now to turn on your high beams you must PUSH the turn signal lever forward (towards the dash)...if you pull the lever towards you it will only flash the highs, but the highs will not stay on...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean by "dimmer switch"...I ask because there is a wheel to the left of the steering wheel used to dim the dash lights...
Also do your daytime running lights work?...
Now to turn on your high beams you must PUSH the turn signal lever forward (towards the dash)...if you pull the lever towards you it will only flash the highs, but the highs will not stay on...
Daytime running lights work fine, low beams work fine. The high beams do not work at all. Not if you push the lever forward or click it back. You get no flash of the high beams when you pull it backward.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You have 3 fuse boxes...one is lower left of steering wheel and one under the hood close to each fender...if there is a high beam fuse your owner's manual or the fuse box covers should tell you what fuse it is...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resurrecting and old thread. I am having exactly the same problem ... No high beams.

DRL work (so obviously, the bulbs are OK). Fuses are good. Pretty sure the switch is also good. With the headlights off (but daytime running lights on) when I pull back on the lever to switch between low and high beams, only the blue high beam indicator lights up in the instrument cluster (but does not stay on). If the low beams are on, and I pull back on the lever to activate high beams, again, only the blue indicator light on the instrument cluster lights up briefly.

Curious to solve this problem.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Resurrecting and old thread. I am having exactly the same problem ... No high beams.

DRL work (so obviously, the bulbs are OK). Fuses are good. Pretty sure the switch is also good. With the headlights off (but daytime running lights on) when I pull back on the lever to switch between low and high beams, only the blue high beam indicator lights up in the instrument cluster (but does not stay on). If the low beams are on, and I pull back on the lever to activate high beams, again, only the blue indicator light on the instrument cluster lights up briefly.

Curious to solve this problem.
Just to make sure we're on the same page: when you pull back on the lever it doesn't stay back. That's only for "flashing" the high beams. Pushing the lever forward makes the high beams stay on.
Do the low beams work, (not the DRLs)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to make sure we're on the same page: when you pull back on the lever it doesn't stay back. That's only for "flashing" the high beams. Pushing the lever forward makes the high beams stay on.
Do the low beams work, (not the DRLs)?

Correct. Flashing the high beam by pulling back, not working. Push forward and the lever stays, but no joy for the high beams.

Low beams work fine, and high beam bulbs are not burned out because they light up at lower voltage for DRL.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Ok. Looking back thru this thread, some posters mentioned fuses for this issue but no one seemed to have posted that they fixed it. I have no further ideas, so let's see if someone comes up with something.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
It could be one of the pink or blue relays in the passenger side fuse box under the hood. Their functions are listed on the inside of the cover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
JuneBug
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing