Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 1 month of elbow grease here is a quick before and after of my 4.2, still more to do cosmetically ie window tint and paint my door mouldings black, I have a set of those universal wheel arches (cheapy ebay specials) I'm in two minds whether or not to fit. I have 35 ml wheel spacers now and my rav4.1 steel rims on with my 235 70 mud tyres, surprising enough full clearance at front and a little scrub on rear with weight in the back, a good enough excuse for a future 2inch body lift. I think she is taking shape nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers man they are KUMHO MUD TERRIAN I had on my mk1 she sits an inch higher on them and they are great in mud and snow with the grips on sidewall, they are however bloody noisy for normal driving and heavy for the mpg but so what its diesel.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My little brother was very satisfied with his Kumho KL71 on his old Toyota Hilux. More people should consider these tires... for off road. I know a guy that run them on his RAV4.3, and he loves them (exept for the road noise).

RAV4.2 are great overall machines... but if you do more serious off-road; you'll miss the center diff lock from your RAV4.1 (if it had manual transmission).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lol damn those tires make it look like a little angry RC car. So cool! cant wait to see where you take it in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys, Commando I don't do a lot off road so hopefully I'll not miss the diff lock from my MK1 but time will tell, I read your posts on your build and it made me think of breaking up the MK1 but decided against it just don't have the time, so in the words of mistermike I'm gonna rock the crazy hot wheels look although a fair bit of scrub on the rear wheels is swaying me towards a body lift too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts