Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to 'Truckfest' this past weekend and was able to check out a lot of cool stuff. :p

For those of you not familiar, your able to purchase directly from the vendors.

Had some extra cash burning in my pocket, so I picked-up this (((SWEET A$$))) 'Reusable Oil Filter' to 'Spoil Da' Hell Out' of my RAV.

Check it out.http://www.trufilter.com/ :wink:

Ravon :mrgreen:
(Ray von)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Holy Filtration!!! :shock: 120 Kazooweez.....geez just like a lifetime supply of the OEM filter! is it worth it though? :cry:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Forgive me for being a skeptic but when I read words like "surgical stainless steel" and "rare earth magnet" I get images of "true con artist". Is this real or con?

·
Registered
986 Posts
For that price I could buy two dozen PureOne or Toyota filters and rest assured that I'm using a nice clean filter with every oil change.

It's an interesting idea, born more from marketing genius than actual usefulness I'm sure, but I'm also skeptical. If there are two things that I've learned from using re-usable filters for many things, they're that you never get the filter totally clean, and that the filter element tends to break down or become damaged after repetitive cleanings.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
raj said:
Forgive me for being a skeptic but when I read words like "surgical stainless steel" and "rare earth magnet" I get images of "true con artist". Is this real or con?
No need to apologize. Everyone has a right to their opinion. :)

Snagged it for $90.00 out the door. This thing is definitely "TRICK" The look, the feel, the technology. I work in the R&D Medical field and it's not unusual to see stainless steel filtration used in different applications. This technology makes sense to me. :idea:

Holy Filtration!!! 120 Kazooweez.....geez just like a lifetime supply of the OEM filter! is it worth it though?
If you change your oil every 3,000 miles it will pay for itself in about 55,000 miles with a standard $4 to $5 dollar filter. If your using a premium filter such as K&N, Purolator, Amsoil or Mobile 1. It will pay for itself in about the same rate changing your oil every 5,000 miles.

You might be right franco90 about being too good to be true. But they were selling the 'HELL' out of them. :shock:

Lots are skeptical about reusable air filters, but I see lots of people still using them.
Only time will tell.... :wink:

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts