Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never posted on a forum before but I'm not finding any luck with my google searches so here goes. We went to the dealer and bought a used 2015 Rav XLE and got halfway home and started to hear a high pitched noise coming from what seemed like the dash. It sounds like either a vibration or a high pitched frequency. It seemed to happen above 70 mph and is intermittent. Tried with, and without the radio and AC and it still happened. We took it straight back to the dealer but they don't seem to know what is wrong either and I told them that I don't want the vehicle if they can't figure it out. They put me in a rental while I wait and I do want the car but not with an unknown problem from day one. Any ideas what it could be?

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Welcome! Perhaps the air intake for the HVAC system? Or maybe the air against a windshield wiper or wipers? Are there any exterior accessories installed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding. ? There aren't any accessories. They called today and said that they haven't found it exactly but think it might be radio interference because they think it acts up at certain spots near truck stops? So strange. I'm not sold on that idea because it doesn't affect the radio play at all. Also, I don't want a car that makes noise every truck stop I pass. :grimacing:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Your Nav/radio unit have a cooling fan like you would find in a laptop. My guess is it may make the noise you mentioned if it's going bad. Have the dealer isolate the unit. I'm not sure if simply removing the fuse is appropriate anymore with all the doodads linked to it. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts