Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to have my 2010 v6 4wd for a long time. I currently have nearly 102k miles and hope to get at least 300k out of this thing with good maintenance.

I'm sure there's people on here with over 200k on their 2006-2012 V6, anyone know of people hitting some high miles already?

I do have transmission whine that I've noticed ever since I've owned it (only since February), I'm guessing I'm too late for any sort of TSB? I have a 3rd party warranty on it I got when I bought it but don't know if that would cover anything to do with the whine..

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
2007 V6 Sport 228,000
Car has been a money pit it's entire life and remains a money pit, but the engine runs great after all this time
Only used Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic oil every 3-5000 miles and Shell, or similar gas
Replaced:
Transmission 120,000
6 Ignition coils at 70,000
Water pump at 110,000
Alternator 180,000
Struts 180,000
O2 sensors 180,000
MAF sensor 100,000
PSV,VSV 180,000
Been trough 6-8 batteries in 10 years
Front bearings replaced 3 times (and I don't hit speed bumps/holes fast) -> Total front bearings used on this car = 8 !!!
Radiator fan 180,000
Front drive shaft 180,000

·
Registered
263 Posts
oh boy.
2011 rav4 here with about 90k miles. no problems as of yet, and just recently flushed the trans completely. wouldn't be surprised if people with trans probs have been using ws all this time

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
2007 V6 Sport 228,000
Car has been a money pit it's entire life and remains a money pit, but the engine runs great after all this time
Only used Mobil 1 5w-30 synthetic oil every 3-5000 miles and Shell, or similar gas
Replaced:
Transmission 120,000
6 Ignition coils at 70,000
Water pump at 110,000
Alternator 180,000
Struts 180,000
O2 sensors 180,000
MAF sensor 100,000
PSV,VSV 180,000
Been trough 6-8 batteries in 10 years
Front bearings replaced 3 times (and I don't hit speed bumps/holes fast) -> Total front bearings used on this car = 8 !!!
Radiator fan 180,000
Front drive shaft 180,000
Well, 228k is a big number, but I'd say you've been pretty patient with your RAV. If that was my car, it would've been long gone!

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,511 Posts
My 2008 just hit 50,000 miles, and the 8 year extended warranty expires next month.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
How about the other way? My 2010 first went into service in October 2009 (so 7 years ago). I just went past 50,000 miles on it. So only about 7K/yr at this point.
It's not nice to hijack a thread.

·
Registered
509 Posts
It's not nice to hijack a thread.

So I just fixed mine so as to not be a hijack thread post. However, I'd say that your post does more to hijack than mine did. At least I was within the premise of miles on a Rav4. Your post does more to derail the thread into obscurity than mine. At least I could change a couple of words, get the same message out, and the thread could be continued. Can you do that? You may want to also let the Admin who replied to me that it's not nice to perpetuate a hijacked thread.

...or you could just delete yours, since it has nothing to do, whatsoever, with the topic.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
So I just fixed mine so as to not be a hijack thread post. However, I'd say that your post does more to hijack than mine did. At least I was within the premise of miles on a Rav4. Your post does more to derail the thread into obscurity than mine. At least I could change a couple of words, get the same message out, and the thread could be continued. Can you do that? You may want to also let the Admin who replied to me that it's not nice to perpetuate a hijacked thread.

...or you could just delete yours, since it has nothing to do, whatsoever, with the topic.
The subject of the thread is "Highest miles V6 Rav4 - who has it on here?"

Anyone looking at the list of threads is going to be expecting that to be what is discussed.

As the quote from you in my previous message proves, you tried to completely reverse what the OP wanted to discuss, and what others expected to be discussed.

In my book, that's not cool. That's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The subject of the thread is "Highest miles V6 Rav4 - who has it on here?"

Anyone looking at the list of threads is going to be expecting that to be what is discussed.

As the quote from you in my previous message proves, you tried to completely reverse what the OP wanted to discuss, and what others expected to be discussed.

In my book, that's not cool. That's all I'm saying.

And where is the thread now, based on your input?

That's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm going to have the highest mileage for the 2010 V6 RAV4 someday. Currently 93,700 miles. And my 100k factory warranty is up soon. I saved over $100 by buying the extended factory warranty, thanks to rav4world, for $810 since my seat heaters failed at around 45k miles ( my wife uses the seat heaters whenever the temps are below 60 degrees), and cost $920 something at the dealer to replace.

Tom

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm going to have the highest mileage for the 2010 V6 RAV4 someday. Currently 93,700 miles. And my 100k factory warranty is up soon. I saved over $100 by buying the extended factory warranty, thanks to rav4world, for $810 since my seat heaters failed at around 45k miles ( my wife uses the seat heaters whenever the temps are below 60 degrees), and cost $920 something at the dealer to replace.

Tom
So is that all that you've had to fix under warranty? My bluetooth quit working, and they had to replace it. Interestingly, it was only under warranty because it was installed at the port and not the dealer (Sport bluetooth isn't integrated like the Limited's is). I got the 8y/75K extended and have a little over a year left on it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
So is that all that you've had to fix under warranty? My bluetooth quit working, and they had to replace it. Interestingly, it was only under warranty because it was installed at the port and not the dealer (Sport bluetooth isn't integrated like the Limited's is). I got the 8y/75K extended and have a little over a year left on it.
Yup, that's the only warranty repair and just had my 6 year anniversary on September 30th. Just returned from my 5th trip to the Colorado Mountains with our hiking club (3,440 miles round trip). I still can't believe my original shocks are still good with all the extremely bumpy/rocky/holey roads I drove to most of the trail-heads. I replaced the original battery at 84,205 miles even though it was still working fine. I had the dealer replace the front brake pads at 88,666 because they were finally worn down but the rears will be good for another year or so.

Fingers crossed,
Tom

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yup, that's the only warranty repair and just had my 6 year anniversary on September 30th. Just returned from my 5th trip to the Colorado Mountains with our hiking club (3,440 miles round trip). I still can't believe my original shocks are still good with all the extremely bumpy/rocky/holey roads I drove to most of the trail-heads. I replaced the original battery at 84,205 miles even though it was still working fine. I had the dealer replace the front brake pads at 88,666 because they were finally worn down but the rears will be good for another year or so.

Fingers crossed,
Tom
Wow - my front pads were done at under 50K miles. However, since my miles are low it indicates a lot more city driving and thus more braking. I also did my battery already too. I still have some more time on my rear brakes.

Sometimes I wonder about the torque converter - it seems to spin up a little more than seems normal before taking off. This, combined with the touchy throttle, causes me a little concern. I have over a year left on my extended though.

It would be interesting to hear from the others with the high milers here as to what's had to be fixed/replaced.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Approx 112,000 km (69,500 miles) on my 2011 Sport…. and enjoying every bit of it. :wink

1 - 20 of 48 Posts