Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a usual 6 month maintenance of my RAV, last weekend, I did:

- Oil & filter change.
- Cleaned Throttle body with (TB cleaner).
- Cleaned engine air filter and housing.
- Opened and cleaned PCV valve with MAF cleaner.

After performing all, asked my son to start the engine, every thing worked OK (NO check engine light), asked him to turn off the engine and at that moment I heard hissing sound like losing vacuum (for 1-2 Seconds) from the engine compartment. I double checked all the hoses and air filter housing, everything looks OK!

Now every time I ask helper to turn off the engine (while the engine cover is off), I hear the same hissing sound (suspect PCV hose).

I normally perform the same service since years but this is the first time I asked helper to turn off the engine while I was in front of the engine (with no engine cover), just wondering if this is normal for RAV4?

after that I drove the RAV but all seems normal, no check engine light, also I did not notice/ listen any anomaly while driving?

This evening, I plan to double check hoses and housing filter, also I would like to put Teflon tap on PCV threads (the sound seems to be more towards PCV hose).

If People could share their experiences?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Year and model? Automatic climate control or manual?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Rav4 is 2008 V6 Sport, I think it has manual climate control (with rotatory dials).

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Something like this has come up before...do some searching on the site...I think it was a pulley or bearing...ac or alternator...you should find the thread somewhere on here...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the video link, at the very end it sounds like a balloon loses air, is that normal?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:
Today, I checked my friend's RAV (dealer's maintained, 2009 V6 limited) and I noticed the same sound, ASA the engine turned off!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts