Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RAV4, 2014 (4WD)
Recently after hitting a curb with rear wheel, both rear wheel and steering wheel alignment was slightly off!
Local services can't find the source of deflection and after changing 42304 part (on attachment picture) the problem was not solved.
Do you have any idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
As Nodnerb said, they should start with 4 wheel alignment. Most large tire / suspension shops have the right equipment and can check alignment quickly. RAV's rear suspension allows quite a wide range of adjustment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As Nodnerb said, they should start with 4 wheel alignment. Most large tire / suspension shops have the right equipment and can check alignment quickly. RAV's rear suspension allows quite a wide range of adjustment.

How do you adjust the rear toe in on a 2015 XLE? My girlfriends car, dealer did an oil change and says the rear toe in is out slightly. I don't want to pay $100 for something that can easily be fixed myself, if it can be done. I have a hoist and tools etc just no alignment machine obviously.

TIA

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

How do you adjust the rear toe in on a 2015 XLE? My girlfriends car, dealer did an oil change and says the rear toe in is out slightly. I don't want to pay $100 for something that can easily be fixed myself, if it can be done. I have a hoist and tools etc just no alignment machine obviously.

TIA
Did they say that to her, or to you?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
The adjustment would be accomplished using 48710/48720 on the above parts diagram.
The problem is, you aren't going to have the equipment required to do this in your driveway.

If the tires are wearing normally and are not feathered, there is nothing wrong with her toe adjustment.
Particularly on a 2015, I would not expect it to be out of adjustment.
My wife's '04 had 145k on it when we traded it in on her '15 and I had the alignment checked when we put the last set of tires on it (120k or so?) and it did not need adjustment.

Unless she's been bashing curbs and pot-holes, the shop was just trying to make a few bucks on a bogus repair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts