Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving in tonight to work i hit a deer. It was raining so hard i could just bearly make it out and suvered to miss most of the impact and then went off the road down a hill and bang right into an apple tree!!!. I am like swearing using words only linda blair would understand. I got out checked everything out got back in and drove around the tree and back onto the highway. Found a place with good lighting and checked out the rav and found lots of damage to the right front fender, roof rack (branchs) and front light was scratched. Got an estimate today and it is 2,700 us dollars to repair and i have to say it held up very well for hitting a 6 point buck deer and an apple tree going 55 mph.... It will be good as new on sat. whew!!! :shock:

R

·
0 Posts
archer said:
While driving in tonight to work i hit a deer. It was raining so hard i could just bearly make it out and suvered to miss most of the impact and then went off the road down a hill and bang right into an apple tree!!!. I am like swearing using words only linda blair would understand. I got out checked everything out got back in and drove around the tree and back onto the highway. Found a place with good lighting and checked out the RAV and found lots of damage to the right front fender, roof rack (branchs) and front light was scratched. Got an estimate today and it is 2,700 us dollars to repair and i have to say it held up very well for hitting a 6 point buck deer and an apple tree going 55 mph.... It will be good as new on sat. whew!!! :shock:
First of all, we are glad that you are ok. Do not want a fellow RAVER flying off to the heavens..... :D

The RAV4 has got very good front and side impact crash ratings. I am not surprised. As far as $2700, The body shope people are scammers usually. They replace many things in the name of "safety" that are just fine and charge the insurance company.

Did you get yourself some apples?

F

·
0 Posts
OMG!!!

But glad to hear you are okay!

after getting your baby back together... maybe it's a good time to also invest in a good bull bar and a set of good brakes too!!

Cheers!

fatshark

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Scarry stuff. :shock:
Last week up here in Canada a police officer was killed when there large cruiser hit a mouse. It was foggy out at the time and they where rushing to a call. Ounce they hit the legs the rest over 800 lbs went crashing onto the windshield.
Anyhow, it’s good that your OK.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
mionee67 said:
Scarry stuff. :shock:
Last week up here in Canada a police officer was killed when there large cruiser hit a mouse. It was foggy out at the time and they where rushing to a call. Ounce they hit the legs the rest over 800 lbs went crashing onto the windshield.
Anyhow, it’s good that your OK.
That's one big mouse!!! 800lbs!!!! :lol:

Here in Hawaii, they only weigh but a few ounces. What do the mice in Canada feed on? Just kidding. :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
I've heard deer meat is pretty good. Are you sure you didn't scratch up the roof rack bringing home the road kill :lol:

Just kidding 8) Glad to hear you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gamma742 said:
I've heard deer meat is pretty good. Are you sure you didn't scratch up the roof rack bringing home the road kill :lol:

Just kidding 8) Glad to hear you weren't hurt.
I am an avid deer hunter and sure would have liked to see this fella in the woods. Car hit vension is not a good thing but you are right vension is very tasty!!!. The deer was no where to be found i saw him limping off into the woods. The rav goes in today for repairs and it will be good as new again.!!! This is what the deer looked like just before i hit it>>>> :shock:

J

·
0 Posts
Well im glad to hear your ok , but i understand the 2700,

last week une of my good friends backed into mine right in his driveway, hit the front passenger side , its gonna cost hims $1775 to fix it but i wanted to make sure that my baby was treated right and got all it needed ..

Cheers

Jon

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
What kind of Deer Warning device is it?

When I travel to the farm there is about 5 mile stretch that has Deer crossing.
I slow down and become more cautious where the forest area narrows in on the road for there would be very little reaction time by the time one where to jump out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't waste your hard earned money on them deer warning you see in the stores, They do not work!! just be careful when going through deer areas. I now know that!!! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts