Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a happy new owner of a 2017 RAV4 hybrid, and I was shocked to learn how much the dealership wanted to install a trailer hitch. They said it requires extensive cutting of the bumper and takes a few hours of labor.

I was wondering if anyone has found a hitch that doesn't require cutting the bumper?

Also, on a few hitches that are supposed to be compatible I saw the installation instructions call for removing the plastic underbody panels and just leaving them off. I don't know what purpose they serve, but my instinct is that they must be there for a reason - reducing drag or protecting from corrosion or road projectiles? How bad do you guys think it is to leave those off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi,

I am a happy new owner of a 2017 RAV4 hybrid, and I was shocked to learn how much the dealership wanted to install a trailer hitch. They said it requires extensive cutting of the bumper and takes a few hours of labor.

I was wondering if anyone has found a hitch that doesn't require cutting the bumper?

Also, on a few hitches that are supposed to be compatible I saw the installation instructions call for removing the plastic underbody panels and just leaving them off. I don't know what purpose they serve, but my instinct is that they must be there for a reason - reducing drag or protecting from corrosion or road projectiles? How bad do you guys think it is to leave those off?

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I installed the torklift and it only required small notch out of lower bumper valance (approx 3x 1.5" iirc), all platic panels were reinstalled after slight trimming. This including the 1 panel the instructions said to discard.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts