Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously posted and indicated I had a Chamberlin opener. But I just learned that we bought Xtreme Garage openers from Menards instead. Anyway, the Xtreme Garage website says they are fully Homelink compatible and the Homelink in our GMC programmed all three doors the first time and they work fine. But this new 2020 Rav 4 Limited with the factory homelink mirror is having issues. It seems to program fine with the remote control held near the button - giving the solid green light. But when you press the Homelink button, the door only raises about 1 inch. If you hold the button, it will raise and lower 1 inch repeatedly. But it never fully raises or lowers the door. The door works fine with the factory remote. I also tried using the learn button on the opener but I get the exact same results. Any ideas would be appreciated to help program the homelink. I would not think this should be this hard!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have another car with homelink that you can try it with? You'll need to figure out if its the garage door opener or the car and connecting it to another cars homelink can help you determine which is at fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I programmed the 2020 GMC pickup with homelink (using the exact same remote that I used with the Rav) and it works all three doors perfectly. Took to dealer today and they said it checked out fine for signal output. Still waiting on homelink to get back with me. Very frustrating. I just want it to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Homelink says that they have seen this problem with the Xtreme Garage door opener before. Xtreme says they have not heard of a problem. Homelink cannot explain why it works fine with the GMC homelink but not the Rav 4. The dealer says the Rav 4 is putting out a good signal. Homelink says the only thing they would know to do is to buy a universal receiver and new remote and use it to program the Rav 4. Very frustrating in general. Not sure it is worth the hassle to buy all the new equipment when the small remote works the door. I just wanted the Homelink that we paid for on the Rav 4 to work. Looks like I am stuck with the small remote that came with the garage door opener.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts