Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering a CRV when upgrading from our 2004 RAV but found the interior of the Honda to be very basic and poorly laid out compared to the 2006 RAV. I was surprised because the standard of Hondas is usually very high. I own a Honda Jazz (Fit) and the interior is very good. The CRV has a dash mounted handbrake and a silly plastic tray which flips down between the front two seats. I asked someone why they have these two things and no console and they told me that the CRV is made purely for the American market and that in the US customers want to get between the rear and front seats while in the vehicle hence the flip down tray. In Australia we can't work this concept out. We ended up buying a 2006 RAV Cruiser (similar to US Sport model) and the interior and instrumentation is light years ahead of the CRV. The dark privacy glass on the rear windows is a real bonus and makes the car look good. As far as I can work out the RAV is designed to be a real driver's car with high levels of comfort wheras the CRV is more of a utility vehicle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts