Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

just have a quick question. I emailed Laura from toyota Canada for the hood deflector and window visor and she gave me a price for both INCLUDING 15% TAX. Now if im not mistaken, shouldnt there be any taxes since shes shipping it here in the USA????. Please lemme know

thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe you need to file a GST claim with the Canadian govenment. I don't think anyone there is authorized to NOT include GST. At least that's been the case with everytime I've traveled there and purchased things.

·
Premium Member
6,678 Posts
I was charged $11.06 tax on the $79 bodyside mouldings from Peace Arch Toyota, but after the currency conversion, the cost was $83, plus shipping.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
There should be no tax charged as you're having it shipped to a non-Canadian address (I assume). However, if the Toyota dealer isn't used to shipping outside the country they may not have thought of it, or their system might not be set up to accommodate tax-free sales. You should ask.

Being in the country and buying things while you're here, like antirich described, is different - then you DO have to pay the tax and file a claim for a rebate later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts