Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the horn with Auto Ventshade. They have the acrylic smoke or clear hood provtector available for the 06 RAVS. have not been able to find a picture of one but the part number is 24139 and it runs $60-70 per the manufacturer. Hope this helps :D

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
AVS doesn't even show it on their web site, so it's not likely in production yet. An internet search for that part number turned up nada...back to square one, unfortunately. That's pretty much the trend with new model years, aftermarket parts can take up to 2 yrs before availability.

http://www.autoventshade.com/home_avs.aspx

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh contrare! Call them. They have 14 in stock but you cannot get directly. You can have your local parts store order them, like Checkers, PEP Boys, etc etc. I got mine on order thru a local retailer. They told me they JUST hit the street and they have not had time to update their website. They told me to have your retailer call to order. I also found out they are full length, not just the snoot piece toyota's offering (by the way, my local toyo dealer told me they won't be available until September, at least here on the rock). :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My understanding is that there is an OEM deflector from Toyota Canada.
link

Don't know if you've already ruled this out.

·
Premium Member
7,968 Posts
14 in stock for a Mfr doesn't sound too good, but it's a start. Post a pic when ya get it. :wink:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, not really that much but they said they just came n today. I tried Toyota Canada. I called 6 dealers in the Vancouver BC area and they had none. They said they could order for me but shipping to Hawaii, due to it's oversize, would be pretty expensive. I'm thinking abut a "C" note. Not going to rule them out though. Wanna see if my local parts store comes thru..... :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: The bug shield is on it's way. My local source flaked out on me so I went to a local NAPA store. They did not show the part number but called Auto Ventshade, confirmed it was for an 06, confirmed they had them in stock, and ordered one. It should be here next Thursday. Cost with tax is $89.00 shipping included :D ! Now all I have to do is take delivery of my new ride on Tuesday and I'll be all set :eek: :lol: :D :p ! Will post b4 and after pics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts