Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHEN OR WHERE YOU CAN BUY THE HOOD PROTECTOR & SUNROOF WIND DEFLECTOR FOR THE LIMITED 2006 RAV4. THANKS AL

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have been looking for one also.. A bunch of places that I called said that the part is still in production due to it having to be restyled/resized for the 06..

http://svcustoms.com/

So far that place seems to be the cheapest with the Bugflector 2..

But like I said, they don't have them in yet either.. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got Toyota hood deflector as an option on mine, It was delayed 1 day after my pickup date because of a backorder. I paid $130 CDN. A bit much for what it is but I wanted the correct fit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Waxing is a bit of a challenge. Washing is not a problem, I just use a wet Tshirt that slides in easily with soap suds. I'd rather have these small inconveniences than having to look at rock chips !! :wink:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, Ravnlunatic nice pics where did you say you bought the hood protector & how does it attach to the hood. Do you know if they ship to Calif. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you saying your dealer doesn't stock these?? This was the first thing my dealer offered me to save the front from hood chips. I think the toyota part # was PT427-42060

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, Ravnlunatic the dealers out here in Calif. are saying that the hood protector is not available & I can't find it anywhere. Any Help Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ahhh !! I see what you mean. I just visited toyota.com and saw the one your talking about. The one sold in the US is definitely different than the one sold in Canada. Mine is 100% toyota. It mounts on with a series of gromets, screws and plugs. :shock: Sounds bad, but really isn't. There is no body penitration or holes of any kind. It basicly compresses against the rim of the hood. I noticed the Canadian ACCESSORY Configurator (link already posted) shows the exact same one I have.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
ravnlunatic said:
Waxing is a bit of a challenge. Washing is not a problem, I just use a wet Tshirt that slides in easily with soap suds. I'd rather have these small inconveniences than having to look at rock chips !! :wink:
LOL! How does wearing a wet t-shirt help you get behind the deflector better? :shock: :p :lol:

Just kidding... I couldn't resist! :p :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey,ravnlunatic does your toronto toyota dealership have a website or phone # , I'd like to see if I can get one of those hood protectors shipped out here to Calif. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks AL

1 - 20 of 50 Posts