Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2017 Rav4 Hybrid limited with Tech package this week. Love it so far. White with black interior. I would like to put a hood protector on it. Any brand recommendations? Does anyone know if this interfers with any of the safety systems or adaptive cruise control? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have no idea what a hood (bonnet) protector is, or why I would want (or need) one... what the heck is it?

Not something common on any vehicle in the UK or EU it seems. Toyota don't list one as an accessory here.

·
Registered
184 Posts
OP is talking either about bug deflector or hood protective film (i was offered film option at the dealer) Which one is it? :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some countries have bugs that are acidic when squashed and will 'eat' the paint if not removed quickly.

Typically Florida 'lovebug' season which occurs twice a year or so.

Regards,
Graham (UK)

·
Registered
54 Posts
FYI, Dealership cost on a Body Wrap (Partial Hood, Partial Fenders, Full Bumper and Mirrors) is around $550 for that. Most Dealers charge $750-$900.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EGR Superguard looks great. Thanks. I assume the install was no problem? Any interference with the safety systems, Cruise control?

·
Premium Member
7,939 Posts
EGR Superguard looks great. Thanks. I assume the install was no problem? Any interference with the safety systems, Cruise control?

No problems or interference, I actually installed it twice, first on the '15 Ltd then again on the '16 HV, read the last few pages of the link I posted for details on the install before you order, one member didn't like the clips which I didn't see as an issue with proper installation. I removed it from the '15 Ltd with no problems as well, it left no marks. I did use new 3m pads where the clips attach on the second installation.

·
Registered
184 Posts
That looks extremely tame when compared to bugshields of the yesteryears. It does not look upright enough to deflect bugs from the windshield. Looks purely decorative.
I totally agree with you.. that was my thought when i installed it. But.. i don`t have a single ding on the hood, driving on NJ Tpk every day about 50 miles, and no smashed bugs...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did anyone notice a negative effect on their fuel economy after the hood protector was installed?

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I've got a white magnetbra on mine. Easy to take off and clean.
Do you remove it when going through a car wash, or washing your RAV4H by hand?
Wondering how securely it is attached. Thanks

1 - 20 of 30 Posts