Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody actually put their hood scoop to use? I know it looks cool, but I'm curious if there is a way to make it useful too.

I was looking at it today and was thinking there has got to be a way. It would suck to start sucking in water though.

Anybody done this or have any ideas on how to do this?

Scott

·
Registered
986 Posts
If you're talking about a ram-air setup, they are pointless because they only start to help at high speeds. Other than that you can use it for an intercooler but that's opening a whole nother can of worms.

T

·
0 Posts
the rav4 turbo diesel in australia i believe actually make use of this scoop for intake... but like you said if not properly configured it'll just suck in dust and water for you.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Other than the turbo diesel Ravs not available in North America where the scoop is functional, the scoop would take some work to make it functional. Behind the black screen thing it's metal. It would need to be drilled out or sawed out or something.

Becky

·
Registered
682 Posts
ultima16888 said:
the RAV4 turbo diesel in australia i believe actually make use of this scoop for intake... but like you said if not properly configured it'll just suck in dust and water for you.
The TD RAV4 is not sold in Aus (wish it was though). TD RAV4s are mainly sold in Europe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts