Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes that is an 06 and when fully folded they fold down to the floor so they do not actually sit up in the way if you dont need them.

these are stock.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
old times

I knew that we spoke about this a couple yrs ago they cost allot of money they started to make them for rav 4's a couple yrs ago . Derek remembers this . I think they start at 800.00 is not worth the money if got a smaller or older rav4 it made for kids not adults my only concern is safety what if you get rear ended.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
That picture is very confusing. Maybe it is an optical illusion, but how does those seats fold into the floor of that RAV. It looks like they barely fit as is?

Can any one of you 4.3 owners who have the 3rd row seating kindly take some pictures of the different stages of the seats being folded into the floor. :D

On my parents Honda Odyssey, the 3rd row bench folds completely into its own floor compartment, leaving the compartment floor completely flat. I thought the new RAVs 3rd row seat would be designed to do the same thing?

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
There is almost no room behind the 3rd row seats and the hatch. I would think this would be a hugh safety concern if you put kids back there and you get rear ended. This is the reason I truely believe that 3rd row seats only belongs in full side SUVs. Just my 2 cents worth.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't imagine anybody wanting the third row seats to be used on a regular basis...surely they are for quick trips or to be used only every now and then. The girl in that photo reminds me of how you would sit in a pick-up with those little jump seats in the back. You definitely don't want to sit there on a long road trip!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts