Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made a deal with my local Toyota dealer on a 2017 RAV4 Limited Hybrid. It is at another location so maybe by Friday I will have it. My wife wanted to keep her 2015 Nissan Rogue SL, but I had the itch for something different. Really liked the hybrid while test driving one, wife thought it didn't ride as good as the nissan, but I couldn't tell the difference. So I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Congrats. Consumer Reports just gave it the top rating in CSUV's for owner satisfaction and road tests. I think you'll like it even more in snow/ice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice! How much did you pay if you don't mind us asking. We just purchased 2017 Rav4 XLE in White OTD for less than $27,000. We used True Car price as an offer.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congratulations, I am sure you will really like it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ended up picking up the 2017 RAV4 limited hybrid on Monday. On the way home from the dealer I thought it was riding a little rough and road noise was loud. Waited until the next morning and checked the tire pressure (just like one of the other members did on another thread), all of the tires had 48 - 49 psi. Lowered the pressure down to correct pressure, then contacted dealer to let them know that they should be checking the tire pressure before letting someone test drive or sale a vehicle.

When for a 120 mile trip on Tuesday, by the time I got back home I averaged 35.2 miles per gallon. Very pleased with the mileage. Now I am learning how to use some of the items on the vehicle. Of course the big things are the entune system and navigation, but that will be fine.

Like the vehicle alot so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ME Too! In fact, I picked it up last night!

I took "the long way home" but can't wait to see it in daylight (even if the forecast is for 10 inches of snow!)! I read the owners' manual instead last night and am looking forward to getting back into "the cab" today!

Congrats on your acquisition - we will get to know them together!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! I just got the same model. The same thing happen to me, 42 psi in each tire.
I guess that's something they don't even think about checking.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nice! I just got the same model. The same thing happen to me, 42 psi in each tire.
I guess that's something they don't even think about checking.
Actually, they may have set it that high due to the winter weather. My Toyota shop targets 40 psi (measured in a warm shop with warm tires) knowing the pressure will be lower--sometime MUCH lower--if the car is left outside on a cold night. The worst case is to be under-inflated.

Obviously 50 psi coming off the boat is too high, but 40 in a warm tire might be okay. It's up to the owner to take it down from there if needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts