Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where is the horizontal headlight adjustment screw is?

I've already found the vertical one. It's quite easy. A big phillips screw on the top of the back of the headlight assembly.

I have these OEM headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? My headlights are aimed all the way to the right and need to be centered. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
808 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll try that first thing tomorrow when I get off work. I took a peek inside earlier today and that screw is in a really hard to reach place.. Anyway, no pain no gain right?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Confirmed. Those are indeed the left/right adjustment screws. There is no way I could even use a plier let alone a screwdriver there without tearing the headlight apart. Does anyone have a suggestion of what tools to use?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Would a flexible nutdriver or screwdriver be of any help?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. I ultimately decided to go to harbor freight and look around and found these for a really low price. There really isn't much room within that part of the engine bay. Just enough to stick your hand and this angled screwdriver in there.

It worked perfectly and my headlights are now centered. If anyone wants pictures or instructions on how to adjust you can pm me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone figured out if the 2015 projector headlight has a horizontal adjustment? If so, where is it? The drivers side is pointing way too far to the right. This mis-alignment is accentuated when I installed the HID bulbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey buddy. Look for screws on your headlight assembly. They are most likely phillips head type screws. Sometimes, these screws can be covered by a little plastic rust protector. Remove that and you should find the screws. I do not own a '15 Rav4 so I can't tell you exactly where it is. I'm sorry. Just a little tip.

·
Super Moderator
808 Posts
Check this image for possible tips (this is an aftermarket replacement unit, but since they usually copy the features of the original to the letter, you should find the adjusting knobs / screws at the highlighted positions)

(http://www.rav4world.com/forums/members/albums/37389-mick-hatzo/used-forums-8706-picture50138-headlight-housing-adjustment-screws.jpg)

The image is low-res, so, to clarify, "aim" for the top left of the assembly in the photo, there is a vertical grey line pointing to the left-right alignment screw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts