Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been reading a lot of the posts and watching videos on replacing the horn in the Rav4. I was right about to purchase a pair of horns from a Camry (high tone/low tone) but I decided to take a look at my car first.

Off the bat I notice that the way I has seen other people do it is different than they way it looks in the 2016. Most likely because there were some changes to the front end. But getting to the horn looks to be about the same basic process. However, when I checked I only see 1 horn while videos show 2 horns in the previous years.

Has anyone actually swapped out the horn in the 2016? Is there really only one horn?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
bumping
On my 2016 HV, it looks to require a nearly complete disassemble of the front area. You can no longer just remove the plastic cowl piece that covers the space between radiator and grill. There may be another way in from underneath, but you'd want it on a lift.

Looking forward to someone accomplishing this job to see how they do it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Planning on this change soon. It looks like I can just remove the under cover with a few bolts and plastic clips and drop the shields and reach the horn from underneath. Whilst doing this I will also add some extra mesh to protect the radiators from rocks. On my Prii in the recent past, I used cheap black mesh gutter covers from Home Depot, held on with zip ties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts