Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a wolo bad boy Max for my 2015 rav4. I removed the old horns and attempted to wire it to the pair of wires directly. However, when I tried it nothing happened even after switching leads. Anyone have any advice on this whether it’s with this horn or any where you have to wire directly to terminals.

·
Registered
2014 Toyota Rav4 LE AWD
61 Posts
The horn is one wire (which is power) then the actual horn (wolo bad boy Max) has to be grounded properly. Usually you need to run a relay as that horn pulls more amps than the factory horn. Also most likely blew fuse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The horn is one wire (which is power) then the actual horn (wolo bad boy Max) has to be grounded properly. Usually you need to run a relay as that horn pulls more amps than the factory horn. Also most likely blew fuse.
Thanks, I ended up just getting the wolo wiring kit and installed a new button now it works

·
Registered
167 Posts
On my RAV4 and also, my C-HR, I have installed the WOLO Bad Boy. On each I used a relay and wired the horn to the battery for better sound and prevention of overloading the thin wire the OEM horn has. Used a 30A fuse for the main power lead. I think the horn is rated near 20A. The instructions were easy for the relay and every connection is sealed with liquid electrical tape.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I get great results from my Camry horn upgrade - it was plug-n-play too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts