Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well, if RAVs are designed like other vehicles I have owned and worked on, then there is no such item as first or second horn. Mostly when there are two units there are two tones that blend into one for dimension and attention. But I could be wrong when it comes to the RAV.

I am curious as to why you pose this question.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I think I see what you are asking, and like Don, I wonder why it matters.........considering air horns?? :shock:
Anyway, if you figure there's only one lead coming from the horn relay, then the "first" horn will have 2 wires on it, one for current in, and one for current out, to the other horn. The "second" horn will have only one wire coming to it.....current in. This is presuming that the horns are grounded through their mounts.
Now if the horns are individually fed current from the relay, the horns will only have one wire each on them, hence there will be no first or second horn designation.....
I hope this is what you were getting at....... :?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I believe the driver's side horn is first in line because the power feed comes from the driver's side fender and runs behind the bumper reinforcement. By the way both horns only have a common positive feed and are grounded to the frame.

Rav4Don is correct, there is a low-pitched horn and a high-pitched horn that mix together. I should know because I added an extra low-pitched horn to mine.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Jeff: Got my post in a minute ahead of you......that was close. :lol:
I like the idea of a second low tone horn as I feel the horns are too hi pitched for a truck or suv.......they belong to a Civic. :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts