Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK got the Thule 527 bike rack that attaches to existing factory crossbars. This is terrible design. Does not work correctly.got it from a well known outdoor store. The test will come will when I go to return it for full refund. If someone buys this good luck. Going back to sticking bike inside rav for now.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
That is disappointing as hell, and frustrating for you but I especially appreciate your sharing the bad news because I was going to get one next week. Good luck and let us know if we can help. Probably cannot.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thought about getting the next one up 528 but same kind of clamp. I only got Thule cause it was easier to detach from crossbar than the Yakima model. Might look into the Yakima one. It's really disappointing.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Correction I think the 528 has different lock or clamp. Will look into it but need to find out if the rack can lock to crossbar.

Somebody in the 4.3 section stowed a motorcycle in their RAV several years ago. ?

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.