Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor car has been harrassed and attacked by very horrible and careless people. I used to be very mad whenever I got a dent every single day, but after 2 years of worrying about it, I just decided to quit. I still care about my car and I was wondering if you guys know how to fix this without taking it to a dealership or an expensive shop, or buying the whole piece. Anyone?
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4290926845&idx=3

Miriam

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Miriam, that's a positive way to look at the situation. I too was once paranoid about the unblemished new looking condition of my RAV. But 6 years later and many door dings (and one smashed rear bumper) later; I've come to realize that such occurences will always happen.

It's kind of like the common cold, you try to avoid it; but you'll get one eventually. I am just glad that my RAV is not a "show car" but just a daily driver. That is why it has many road rashes like yours.

Fortunately, it appears that most of yours has been received on the plastic door trim. Depending on how deep some of those dents are, you might consider sanding it down and respraying it. If it does not come out nice, you can always get a replacement from the dealer. :D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Derek, I do have a couple dents at the end of the door trim on the paint, but although it hurts, it's no biggie :).
I've tried to attach a pic of the dents, but it hasn't worked, although I haven't tried again. I don't think I can fix the trim by just sanding cuz the dents are pretty deep, so I guess that once I have enough money, or after the trim looks pretty bad, I'll replace it. Thanks for the imput :D

Miriam

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
garfieldgurl said:
I've tried to attach a pic of the dents, but it hasn't worked, although I haven't tried again.
Another route to share photos on these forums is to click on the "Album" button under each of your postings. You can upload the photo into your personal album :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
You can always find Dent removers at your area. I had a deep dent on mine last year and got a dent removal person to remove it. It only took him about 2 hrs to remove it.

Its the cheaper option than replacing a panel

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey TobyIIDog, I was wondering how much you paid the guy who fixed the dents on your car? Like per hour (although I know it's not the same here, but to have an idea).

Miriam

R

·
0 Posts
I've used Dent Wizzard many times and it only costs between $50 and $150, depending on how bad or how many dents there are. When they're done, you still know that something was there, but no one else can tell. If there is paint damage, they don't take care of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts