Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow RAV 4 owners! I just bought a 2016 RAV 4 LE in Hot Lava! This volcanic vehicle is my first new car in a long, LONG, time of driving junk.

Everyone says that Toyotas will last a long time, so why was I spending $300 in repairs every month for all my previous vehicles? Well, with a son in college, I had his tuition to pay, as a single parent, so money was tight, but he's a senior now!

I must digress... from 1994-2005, I drove a purple GEO Tracker. I knew when I first saw that car, I had to own one! I loved it until I finally blew the engine at 215,000 miles. From that point on, I drove an old Hyundai Elantra and a horrible 2006 Nissan Pathfinder that I got for free.

As with the GEO Tracker, as soon as I saw this Hot Lava RAV 4 on the Internet, I knew I would own one. It was a cosmic event when I first saw it in all its volcanic glory at my local dealership. The salesman did not have to convince me to buy- it was sold before I even shook his hand.

I have only 20 miles on it so far. "Yeah, look twice," I say with a nod, when driving through an intersection or when passing a boring-colored car on Rt. 125. "You wish you had a car that was a cool as mine."

I think I need to buy a pair of sunglasses...

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Welcome, and congratulations for having your new RAV! Could you post a few pics of your Hot Lava vehicle? I haven't ever seen one in the 'flesh" (sheet metal) apart from on Toyota's web site! Also congrats on putting your son through college while being a single parent! Great job!

·
Super Moderator
11,102 Posts
Good for you gal, enjoy your new car that you so damn well deserve. We are all glad you decided to join, thank you. Also......glad your kiddo is now a senior and will soon earn big bucks to repay Mom. Yes, I am kidding :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome!

I took the HotLava-mobile up to the White Mountains to do some trailwork this weekend. I have maintained part of the Appalachian Trail for nearly 25 years.

Picked up a friend from Seattle who is thru-hiking the Trail and brought her back to civilization (aka lobster rolls) for the weekend.

It was awesome driving around in a vehicle in which the air conditioner worked!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,530 Posts
Thanks for posting back and for the photos - nice looking RAV! Lobster rolls sound good. Sounds as though you had a busy weekend!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
Hot Lava on the outside--cool A/C on the inside--and lobster rolls? Sounds good to me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts