Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Houston, we have a problem; The Anti-Sway Bar rest on the Magnaflow muffler. :? As we all know, this is out of the question.

Possible solutions;

I would have to get a smaller muffler. But this will make it louder :). It's loud enough as it is. When I pass by a police check point. I look at my rear view mirror and I see all the policeman giving me a very long look.

Modifying the muffler is out of the question.

Modifying the Addco is also, out of the question.

Now, modifying the location of the muffler might be a solution. But the space is very limited. About one to two inches the most.

Maybe, if I get two longer end link. Placing the bar right on the chassis. Without the Addco cubes.

Any suggestion gentlemen?

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I see a little light on the other side regarding the Sway Bar/Muffler situation. But I'm going to have to wait until the Xmas vacations to do this move just in case I run into some unsuspected problems. I'm going to have to move the muffler about two to three inches forward, maybe more. in so I can install the rear anti-sway bar. As soon as I finish, I'll post pictures. Oh yea, and clean up the area.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, as you can see below, I already have all that I need. In fact I was the first forum member to have a rear anti-sway bar in the USA. I got all you guys into this mess in the first place :eek: . But seriously, what I have to do is move my rear muffler towards the front. If I don't, do this, the muffler is in the way of the bar. But this will have to wait until the Xmas vacations.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DONE! This morning, I got up bright and early and went to Felipe's Muffler shop. Since it was so early he let me use the hydraulic jack. I installed the anti-sway bar with the new [and free] installation kit sent by Addco. Price for letting me use the car jack, $15.00 :lol: He's a good old friend with me and the Lord. He suggested NOT to install the metal cubs sent by Addco. So in install the bushing directly to the chassis. He was right. He told me that I didn't have to move the muffler at all. It works great. I already tested it. :wink: Just point it where you want to go and it will go, no matter at what speed.

End of Story

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mensagero, did you end up using longer end links instead of the extension bracket? A picture of your new setup would explain alot.

I too would have gotten the Addco rear sway bars, but am sadly laden with a lot of X-Mas bills. :cry: Also, my air conditioner expired due to one of my mods. That is a whole story in itself. :lol:

Good to hear that you finally found a solution to your problem! :D

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the end link supplies by Addco. But I know I have to go to Pep Boys and buy slightly longer once. About an inch and a half longer will do. The bar was set at an angle. I think it has to be leveled out to work properly. Never the less, it does work, but like to install everything the correct way. I'll post a picture when everything is set.

Regarding bils, we all have a lot of bills. Welcome to the club. :roll:

Which mod did your A/C?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
mensajero said:
Which mod did your A/C?
The cold air ram intake. :eek: One of the hose clamps holding the extension hose to my enclosed intake had rubbed itself against the A/C receiver/drier cannister. Thus causing a leak of the refrigerant. :cry:

About $210.00 in parts/labor later, all is cold again. :wink:

I have learned a few lessons about my cold air intake however. By removing the system that I had and installing the exposed K&N cone filter; I get better off line response than before. Also, the enclosed cone filter with air being directed directly to it from below had exposed it to too much dust. This caused the air filter to clog with too much dust particles, which hampered performance too.

As of right now, I have an exposed K&N cone air filter, with cold air being directed by an air duct from below the bumper. This appears to be the best compromise for performance and maintenance. :D Thanks for asking about it though. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts