Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

How can I confirm a 17inch rim will fit

214 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  chucky_ott
So I have the base rav with 17 steelies in bad shape. Was planning on painting them...but have been erching Facebook for rims as well.

Currently have the stock size 225r65/17 tires on mine

I see. Post on Facebook that says these rims and tires were in a Storage unit I bought don't know anything about them asking $150.
The only thing the guy says he doe know is the tires say 225/r60/17 on them. They re nice looking grey alloys .

He hasn't answered when I asked if he could try to find more info somewhere on the rims for me.

If I went and looked at them myself how would I know if they have the right offset and other measurements?

They appear to be 5 lug pattern in the pics and likely aftermarket rims
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,846 Posts
You can get some information on what fits by checking what the specs are for your wheel and compare it with the ones they are selling.
You must know the wheel specs for the wheel and you can't do that by just looking at it. If the wheels are universal which you must buy hub rings then you need to know the bore diameter to get the right adapter. In addition aftermarket wheels need spline nuts most of the time. This is because the hole opening is too narrow to fit factory lug nuts.

· Registered
84 Posts
Hole pattern must be for 5x4.5 or 5x114.3
Center bore for the hubcentric wheels is 60.1 mm I believe, but could get bigger and buy adapter rings. There’s also lug centric wheels but probably not as safe / not what comes stock. Make sure lug nuts work with wheel, steel usually are tapered, alloy can be flat.

width should be fine with between 6.5-8”. Offset stock is somewhere between 35-40ish, not super important unless you change drastically. A lower offset like 20 would mean wheels stick out more / flush with the fenders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts