Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way to make selected audio on a Jailbroken iPhone play on the phone and not get played on the Entune system? I want to be able to have google maps running on the phone and hear the audio directions on the phone. To hear it in the car, the audio must be on streaming input and thus you can't listen to the radio or other non iPhone music. The only option I can think of is turning Bluetooth off, but that won't allow for phone calls to play thru the car at that time.

I doubt I'm the only one to want to do this. What do other people do? Thx.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do the same thing, turn Bluetooth off. I'd like to know the solution as well, if there is one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are 2 ways around this:

1. Have Google maps play audio over Entune any time (preferred) - Go to Google Maps > Settings > Navigation Settings > Turn on "Play as Bluetooth phone call"

This will allow the navigation audio to come through regardless of what your music audio source is set to. (Small) downside is that the head unit screen will flash like an incoming call whenever Google maps plays a route instruction.

2. Disable Google maps output to Bluetooth altogether. Again in Google Maps Settings > Navigation Settings > Turn OFF Play voice over Bluetooth.

This will play navigation instructions over the phone as if it wasn't connected to the car via Bluetooth.

I use option 1 on my iPhone and it works flawlessly. No settings changes were needed in Entune.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is excellent! Thank you!! I looked in settings but not in the Navigation section. You might think they would be in a better named group. Oh well. I'm glad there is a way.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just FYI, I finally had time to try both methods outlined by mikebb. I actually prefer method #2. I am not thrilled with the amount of time the head unit spends showing the "phone call" as directions are announced and then flashing back. Also, the system thinks it is literally receiving a call, so it shows in the phone recent calls that a ton of calls were received from your own number. Anyway, I'm glad both of these options exist.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use Waze on my iPhone, and listen to music from the phone too, or from the Tunein Radio app. It doesn't show up as a phone call. When Waze wants to speak, it lowers the volume of the music while it's talking, then resumes normal music volume. But if I listen to the radio in the car, I hear nothing from the phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts