Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?

I take my Tundra in for an oil change today and get to sit in the new RAV4, which I was REALLY looking forward to. I have my '01 still, and was thinking the new RAV with the V6 was the ticket from what I've read in the mags. I walk up to it and think, nice looking! Open the door, nice looking interior! I sit in the seat (I'm 6' 4") and try to run it back so I can get into the car.

Guess what? The seat is all the way back already!

OK TOYOTA, how can you take a car like my '04, stretch it 14", but LOSE 4" of front leg room!? AARRRRGGGGGGH!! You BLEW it Toyota! :x Nobody 6' or taller will be able to drive your new RAV!

This was a Limited model with power seat. Has anyone compared the power seat versus the manual seat? Is it possible the manual seat goes back 3-4" further?????????????

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't be surprised if the measurments are about the same, but the way Toyota built the dash and designed the door handle area, they killed the leg room for me (36" inseam).

Toyota also blew the leg room on the 1997-2001 Camry (for me) when they redesigned the dash. I'm just REALLY disappointed this new RAV4 design came out more for looks than comfort for tall people....... :?

I'm looking at 1-2 year old Highlanders again.........................

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree with you there. I'm 5'11" and I only have a few inches clearance before my knees hit the dash, with the seat all the way back. I was hoping the legroom would be better than in my '04 4Runner but if anything it's worse. This was also a limited with the power seats. Well, at least I didn't hit my head on the roof, like I sometimes do with my 4Runner. Sometimes I think Toyota designs its cars with small people in mind.

E

·
0 Posts
Hold your horses.....is the leg room in 4.3 SMALLER than 4.2 in the driver seat?? :? I'm 6'1

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
JW said:
I'm just REALLY disappointed this new RAV4 design came out more for looks than comfort for tall people....... :?
Not really the looks. I still think it's dull looking :(. Looks worse than mine :p.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
nl4jy said:
let's face it, toyota built the RAV4 for women in mind. We may be in denial, but RAV4 is a woman's car.
Oh gawd, don't start that again... :roll:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Legroom

I am 6'5" and 270 lb. Last month, I sat in a 2006 base model and had plenty of legroom and headroom.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sat in several at the LA Auto Show today.
The Sport w/o powerseats was JUST as roomy as my 04.
I'm 6'0" with long legs and slam the seat all the way back.
The Limited with power seats was tighter but I think the seats were forward a bit so the rear would fold without interference. They disabled the electical so I couldn't move it to see.
Anyone try it at a dealer yet? :?:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yes, cars discriminate and aren't made for everyone. If all cars were made for everyone, they would all look the same. anyone 6' or taller shouldn't be in a tiny little rav4 anyway. look towards at highlander of sequoia.

·
Registered
233 Posts
One thing you need to consider: The reason I would not buy a 4.2 or CRV. Lateral leg room. The "box" at your feet in the earlier models was so narrow it caused me a great deal of discomfort. I can spread my feet further apart in this one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts