Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in buying a 2021 Prime SE but not sure about the process. Did you just go to a dealer and put a deposit down (e.g., $500) then wait until your Prime arrives? How long did you wait? How much did you have to put down? Did you pay above the MSRP? Did anyone try to locate one outside their state/city? I am willing to travel outside MN to buy one. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am interested in buying a 2021 Prime SE but not sure about the process. Did you just go to a dealer and put a deposit down (e.g., $500) then wait until your Prime arrives? How long did you wait? How much did you have to put down? Did you pay above the MSRP? Did anyone try to locate one outside their state/city? I am willing to travel outside MN to buy one. Thank you for your help.
Northwoodshyun, pull up the google sheets and look for something you like that's near the end of the list. It's probably still in the Japan factory, as mine was. Call the dealer and ask if you can put a $500 deposit on it, as I did. You probably should look at western NY first, since those dealers are closest to you. Here's the google sheets link:

After mine came in, I flew one-way from TN to New England, picked it up, and drove it home to TN (mostly in Eco mode, with a light gas foot, at variable speeds, over 2 days with nice breaks now and then).

·
Registered
375 Posts
Northwoodshyun, pull up the google sheets and look for something you like that's near the end of the list. It's probably still in the Japan factory, as mine was. Call the dealer and ask if you can put a $500 deposit on it, as I did. You probably should look at western NY first, since those dealers are closest to you. Here's the google sheets link:

After mine came in, I flew one-way from TN to New England, picked it up, and drove it home to TN (mostly in Eco mode, with a light gas foot, at variable speeds, over 2 days with nice breaks now and then).
There is dedication! 👍🏻
How much did that save you?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Have you decided what you want? That’s really the first step. Do you want a base model SE or with the weather/sunroof package? What color? Sometimes there might be a lot of little port options you don’t really want either. From there you have to negotiate price but I think most everywhere is still MSRP

·
Registered
100 Posts
There is dedication! 👍🏻
How much did that save you?
It wasn't a matter of saving money, but rather that the Rav4 Prime won't be available in TN until 2023, and I wanted to get one while the $7500 credit is still available, and before the MSRP goes up. I had hoped to get one in Maryland (closest to me), but I had to go further away to get an SE without moon roof.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It wasn't a matter of saving money, but rather that the Rav4 Prime won't be available in TN until 2023, and I wanted to get one while the $7500 credit is still available, and before the MSRP goes up. I had hoped to get one in Maryland (closest to me), but I had to go further away to get an SE without moon roof.
Same here. I will be contacting a dealer in Western NY to find out whether such an acquistion is even feasible.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Makes sense!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have been sending out emails. Will see what happens next.
Spam, that's what happens next. :p

Seriously, good luck. Email is likely the easiest way to go. Most (if not all dealership) have an 'Internet' sales drone or three these days.

Reactions: HeinV

·
Registered
87 Posts
Northtown Toyota near Buffalo, NY is selling SEs for $250 off MSRP, doc fees are $75. Contact Joseph Aiello.

Parkway Toyota in Englewood Cliffs, NJ sells SEs for $500 off MSRP, doc fees at $499. Contact Bob Winograd.

These two dealers advertise on the Facebook group. I bought my SE from Parkway Toyota and had it shipped.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Northtown Toyota near Buffalo, NY is selling SEs for $250 off MSRP, doc fees are $75. Contact Joseph Aiello.

Parkway Toyota in Englewood Cliffs, NJ sells SEs for $500 off MSRP, doc fees at $499. Contact Bob Winograd.

These two dealers advertise on the Facebook group. I bought my SE from Parkway Toyota and had it shipped.
How was your experience with Parkway?

·
Registered
87 Posts
How was your experience with Parkway?
Really good. I spoke with Bob about which color SE I wanted. All of their SEs have the weather/moonroof package with carpet mats. He handed me over to one of his salesmen that took my information. Then I spoke with the finance department, they offered me warranty/service packages that I declined, and they overnighted me the forms to sign. Sent the forms back with a prepaid label and the sale was completed. I coordinated a shipper and my salesman kept in contact with me when they picked it up. My salesman is also handling my local registration so I'll have my permanent plates soon.

I think they handled it well. It was my first time buying off the Internet and out of state and I can't complain.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Really good. I spoke with Bob about which color SE I wanted. All of their SEs have the weather/moonroof package with carpet mats. He handed me over to one of his salesmen that took my information. Then I spoke with the finance department, they offered me warranty/service packages that I declined, and they overnighted me the forms to sign. Sent the forms back with a prepaid label and the sale was completed. I coordinated a shipper and my salesman kept in contact with me when they picked it up. My salesman is also handling my local registration so I'll have my permanent plates soon.

I think they handled it well. It was my first time buying off the Internet and out of state and I can't complain.
Thanks, I was wait listed with Bob for an XSE and getting prepared to close the transaction. I have been impressed with how he conducts his business.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Per Google Sheets, there are over 20 SE's coming to Rochester dealers. All of them have the moon roof.
Rochester NY would be fine.

Buffalo NY would be okay too. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was sitting on cars.com for a week just refreshing the search for Prime XSEs

One was available at a dealer outside Baltimore, but it was revealed to me that this 3800 mile Prime XSE in red was in a $3800 accident... pass

I was persistent and kept trying the search and got a hit 23 days ago on a white XSE up in Massachusetts (I am in Florida), the next day I had a deposit on it to take it out of the sales flow. I have the down payment paid, the paperwork all done, the Prime is on my insurance, but still awaiting the dealer to get their act together and get the registration process done so I can fly up and fetch it. I've been disappointed in the dealership's lack of urgency to complete this deal but I don't really know why I expected differently to be honest. Seems like the general working public are not very good at their job, from what I deal with anyways.

On the bright side I've had a few weeks to get my JuiceBox charger installed and had time to get the garage ready for both the Prime and my other car (Focus RS). If I had gotten it weeks ago I never would have been able to fit both cars, but can now. Also because I wasn't driving the whole east coast this weekend, I was able to spend Easter breakfast with the family... so all in all, the delay has been good.

Hope to be able to fly up this coming Friday to get it and take the weekend to get it home.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Per Google Sheets, there are over 20 SE's coming to Rochester dealers. All of them have the moon roof.

Thanks, I was wait listed with Bob for an XSE and getting prepared to close the transaction. I have been impressed with how he conducts his business.
How long was the wait process? How long did you wait from $500 deposit to delivery?

·
Registered
93 Posts

I posted a link to the “prices paid” thread for a SE in New Hampshire that the dealer says they are selling for $2k below MSRP.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts