61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Hi
I am willing and able to help you.

Hi
The process fairly straight foward. First we need to fond the vehicle you need with what is in inventory. Once that is done we set the agreed price ( usually msrp for prime xse or slighly lower for prime se) A deposit is required to reserve or order the vehicle. Wait times vary. Se are inbound and are expected 4 to 6 weeks. Xse are on a per car basis. (Limited production, 2 to 3 months,?) We handle finance and dmv paperwork all virtual. Shipping is buyers responsibility but we do offer some guidance and recommendations.
I got an SE through Parkway Toyota in NJ and am waiting for it to arrive from Japan. Thanks for checking.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
I will be using the following score card scales to rate my experience at Parkway Toyota:

Documentation
Excellent and Expected: 96-100
Average: 90-95
Unacceptable: 89 or less

Mechanical and Delivery

My local MN Toyota dealers have consistently delivered 99-100 scores so I expect Parkway to score 99-100 on both cards.

Documentation Check
Expected Result
VIN on Doc vs. CarPass = MatchPass = 3
Correct Name on TitlePass = Correct NamePass = 3
Sales TaxPass = Correct Rate (e.g., MN = 6.5%)Pass = 3
Document FeesPass = Agreed FeePass = 3
Registration Tax/FeesPass = Correct Fee (e.g., MN = $499)Pass = 3
Dealer Add On FeesPass = Agreed FeePass = 3
Rebate and DiscountsPass = Applicable College and/or Veteran RebatePass = 3
Loan Rate and TermsPass = Agreed rate and termsPass = 3
Temporary PlatesPass = MountedPass = 3
Hidden FeesPass = No hidden fees or surprisesPass = 3
Final Price with DiscountPass = MSRP – Agreed DiscountPass = 5
Permanent PlatesPass = When delivered within 30 daysPass = 20
TitlePass = When delivered within 60 daysPass = 45
Mechanical Check
Expected Result
ExteriorPass = No damage or scratches or dingsPass = 20
InteriorPass = No damage or stainsPass = 10
RimsPass = No damagePass = 10
WindshieldPass = No rock chipsPass = 10
KeysPass = Two functional keysPass = 10
Sunroof LeakPass = Functional and no water stainsPass = 5
Full Tank of FuelPass = Full tankPass = 3
Charging FunctionPass = Able to chargePass = 2
AC CheckPass = Cold air (summer) or Front DefrosterPass = 2
Miles on OdometerPass = Less than 25 milesPass = 6
Head LightsPass = FunctionalPass = 2
Heater CheckPass = HeatPass = 2
Coolant ReservoirPass = FullPass = 1
Power control unit coolant reservoirPass = FullPass = 1
Brake Fluid ReservoirPass = MaxPass = 2
Windshield FluidPass = FullPass = 1
Tire PressurePass = Correct Pressure including sparePass = 1
USB Charger OutletsPass = FunctionalPass = 2
BTLEPass = Connect PhonePass = 2
Fuel Filler DoorPass = FunctionalPass = 2
EV Charger DoorPass = FunctionalPass = 2
Rear Hatch DoorPass = FunctionalPass = 2
Windshield wiperPass = FunctionalPass = 2

·
Registered
371 Posts
I will be using the following score card scales to rate my experience at Parkway Toyota:

Documentation

Mechanical and Delivery

My local MN Toyota dealers have consistently delivered A ratings.

Documentation Check
Expected Result
VIN on Doc vs. CarPass = MatchPass = 3
Correct Name on TitlePass = Correct NamePass = 3
Sales TaxPass = Correct Rate (e.g., MN = 6.5%)Pass = 3
Document FeesPass = Agreed FeePass = 3
Registration Tax/FeesPass = Correct Fee (e.g., MN = $499)Pass = 3
Dealer Add On FeesPass = Agreed FeePass = 3
Rebate and DiscountsPass = Applicable College and/or Veteran RebatePass = 3
Loan Rate and TermsPass = Agreed rate and termsPass = 3
Temporary PlatesPass = MountedPass = 3
Hidden FeesPass = No hidden fees or surprisesPass = 3
Final Price with DiscountPass = MSRP – Agreed DiscountPass = 5
Permanent PlatesPass = When delivered within 30 daysPass = 20
TitlePass = When delivered within 60 daysPass = 45
Mechanical Check
Expected Result
ExteriorPass = No damage or scratches or dingsPass = 20
InteriorPass = No damage or stainsPass = 10
RimsPass = No damagePass = 10
WindshieldPass = No rock chipsPass = 10
KeysPass = Two functional keysPass = 10
Sunroof LeakPass = Functional and no water stainsPass = 5
Full Tank of FuelPass = Full tankPass = 3
Charging FunctionPass = Able to chargePass = 2
AC CheckPass = Cold air (summer) or Front DefrosterPass = 2
Miles on OdometerPass = Less than 25 milesPass = 6
Head LightsPass = FunctionalPass = 2
Heater CheckPass = HeatPass = 2
Coolant ReservoirPass = FullPass = 1
Power control unit coolant reservoirPass = FullPass = 1
Brake Fluid ReservoirPass = MaxPass = 2
Windshield FluidPass = FullPass = 1
Tire PressurePass = Correct Pressure including sparePass = 1
USB Charger OutletsPass = FunctionalPass = 2
BTLEPass = Connect PhonePass = 2
Fuel Filler DoorPass = FunctionalPass = 2
EV Charger DoorPass = FunctionalPass = 2
Rear Hatch DoorPass = FunctionalPass = 2
Windshield wiperPass = FunctionalPass = 2
Wow, you have the procedure nailed down! :)(y)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thank you! Just got a real VIN number for my SE. Hopefully it gets on a ship to USA next week.
That's great! Did Bob or Steven send? I reached out to Bob earlier today requesting he send me the final VIN when received...Is your car in N.J? Or is it in process of being shipped from Japan? BTW, nice work sheet you put together. Interested to see how they score.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's great! Did Bob or Steven send? I reached out to Bob earlier today requesting he send me the final VIN when received...Is your car in N.J? Or is it in process of being shipped from Japan? BTW, nice work sheet you put together. Interested to see how they score.
Sorry, did not pay attention to detail on shipping info earlier post...My Bad!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I asked Steven for the VIN number yesterday then he emailed it to me this morning. The document showed both actual and pre-production VIN numbers. My VIN was 33XXXX

·
Registered
91 Posts
I asked Steven for the VIN number yesterday then he emailed it to me this morning. The document showed both actual and pre-production VIN numbers. My VIN was 33XXXX
I know earlier Bob told me mine "should" be shipped by 4/26/21. I am also aware how shipping estimates are extremely fluid and tend to be later than earlier. Keep me updated when yours ship and I will do likewise.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Steven sent me a speck sheet but still had the original VIN # that I received when I placed deposit last week. I understand the final VIN is not issued by Toyota until mfg. is complete and I see you have the pre & post production VIN's. I reached out to him to let me know when the final VIN's issued. If I am incorrect, let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Steven sent me a speck sheet but still had the original VIN # that I received when I placed deposit last week. I understand the final VIN is not issued by Toyota until mfg. is complete and I see you have the pre & post production VIN's. I reached out to him to let me know when the final VIN's issued. If I am incorrect, let me know. Thanks!
When the build for your RAV4P XSE is complete, you will get the final VIN. I thought your RAV4 is not going to be built until 4/20. So you will have to wait a few more agonizing days before getting the final VIN.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I copied and pasting Steven's response below. Recd. five mins. ago...I always thought there were two VINS issued and agree with your previous post.

Vins are usually the same as in the spec sheet. Vins are assigned for production and usually stay the same thru the process. We should wait for delivery times to be closer just to make sure we are okay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When the build for your RAV4P XSE is complete, you will get the final VIN. I thought your RAV4 is not going to be built until 4/20. So you will have to wait a few more agonizing days before getting the final VIN.
Thanks for all the information on your vehicles. Since I’m about 3 months out given my positions on 3 waiting lists, I’m starving for any information about the process and timing. Please keep the updates coming...

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE
3 Posts
I waited 18 months for my XSE... I live on the central coast of CA and contacted Toyota dealers from Ventura to Santa Rosa (max: 250 miles from me). A San Jose dealer told me the price back then was 74K. I said, Whhhaaaat?!? Next lowest price I found was 17K above MSRP. --Until last week when Salinas Toyota offered me the XSE at MSRP...and I jumped on it...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I waited 18 months for my XSE... I live on the central coast of CA and contacted Toyota dealers from Ventura to Santa Rosa (max: 250 miles from me). A San Jose dealer told me the price back then was 74K. I said, Whhhaaaat?!? Next lowest price I found was 17K above MSRP. --Until last week when Salinas Toyota offered me the XSE at MSRP...and I jumped on it...
The Toyota dealership who asked 74K for a Rav4 Prime has to be criminally prosecuted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in buying a 2021 Prime SE but not sure about the process. Did you just go to a dealer and put a deposit down (e.g., $500) then wait until your Prime arrives? How long did you wait? How much did you have to put down? Did you pay above the MSRP? Did anyone try to locate one outside their state/city? I am willing to travel outside MN to buy one. Thank you for your help.
Check cars.com, that’s where I found mine.. did not pay over msrp

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE
3 Posts
I guess they can ask whatever they want, but I agree, it's funny. :)
he claimed he had another buyer from Lake Tahoe...and if the guy didn't;t want the car he'd sell it to me... That's when I asked for the price and subsequently hung up...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Thanks for all the information on your vehicles. Since I’m about 3 months out given my positions on 3 waiting lists, I’m starving for any information about the process and timing. Please keep the updates coming...
No problem and thanks for the encouragement. I am about 6 to 8 weeks from getting my SE. I want Parkway Toyota to get 200/200 score, which is totally achievable. I am planning to send them my check list a few weeks prior to the pick up to eliminate any surprises.

·
Registered
91 Posts
No problem and thanks for the encouragement. I am about 6 to 8 weeks from getting my SE. I want Parkway Toyota to get 200/200 score, which is totally achievable. I am planning to send them my check list a few weeks prior to the pick up to eliminate any surprises.
Bob sent an email and said final VIN should be available in another week to ten days. Your ship may depart before my car is ready. I expect Parkway to get a perfect score based on my conversations with other customers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just curious, are you also on waitlist in MN? which dealership's waitlist are you on? And for which trim? Thanks!

61 - 80 of 123 Posts